Cruise Control

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Has anyone retained cruise control? I kept the harness just in case. I also kept the fog lamp switch incase I want to add "off road" lights on a bar or something later.

Almost kept the heated seats, but I really can't image driving it in weather where the heated seats would be needed as my face and neck would freeze long before my bum.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Has anyone retained cruise control? I kept the harness just in case. I also kept the fog lamp switch incase I want to add "off road" lights on a bar or something later.

Almost kept the heated seats, but I really can't image driving it in weather where the heated seats would be needed as my face and neck would freeze long before my bum.
Lonny's car has cruise control. He has a wiring diagram showing resistors that must be installed to get standard switches to work.

Heated seats are the best!! Keeping your core warm helps a ton regardless of face etc. I didn't have factory heated seats but opted for the heated elements to be installed in my Corbeaus and I love em. Granted now that we've had almost 100 days of 100° I barely remember what cold weather feels like.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Crap! And I just cut the wires to them. I could keep them and wire them back up but I don't remember which ones they were on the BCM plugs, etc.

RichN

I kept the fog lights, that's the switch controlling my underglow lights. It works nice because unlike most cars, you have to turn it on every time you start the car. I kept the cruise control, I haven't tried troubleshooting it.

QuantumFluxuation

I'm curious about Matt's setup from off the ranch. He said the cruise control panel was all custom but I'm not sure who built it for him.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I'm curious about Matt's setup from off the ranch. He said the cruise control panel was all custom but I'm not sure who built it for him.
Lonny did, I checked it out back when it was on the orange turbo car it looked good. He used a few aftermarket switches and you'll specific resistor values to make the computer happy.

Bretter

Heated seats are the best!! Keeping your core warm helps a ton regardless of face etc. I didn't have factory heated seats but opted for the heated elements to be installed in my Corbeaus and I love em. Granted now that we've had almost 100 days of 100° I barely remember what cold weather feels like.
JSATX, which seats did you use? The Corbeau site says the heated elements cannot be used on the FX1 seats, so I am curious.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
JSATX, which seats did you use? The Corbeau site says the heated elements cannot be used on the FX1 seats, so I am curious.
Went with evolution X seats and corbeau universal sliders. I don’t think the sliders are necessary, I’ve never moved from the rearmost position.