ctuinstra's City Goblin - 07 SS/SC donor **Licensed**

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Man my stomach ached just looking at the pictures I have taken so many ideas from your build and was the car I showed everyone that asked what a goblin was. In saying this glad Kaleb is ok and think about what you know now and how easily building the future goblin will be. Looking forward to seeing your new build in the future!

Brian74

Goblin Guru
Man, I’m really sorry to hear, that is heartbreaking. Glad to see the car held up enough to protect your son. I hope you stick around and build again. You’re a great benefit to the rest of us with your ideas and craftsmanship.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Whatever direction you decide to go as far as rebuild or not, I really hope you keep us updated and continue to share your knowledge here. You've helped me a ton along with the rest of the community here. If there's anything I can do, let me know.

With that said, I understand you have a lot to figure out so I'll let it be.

JERMzSS

Man I'm so sorry to hear about this. Your car looked killer! I made a post a few weeks back warning people about when these get loose. It's just the nature of the mid engine setup. It's hard to bring them back when they get out from underneath you. So glad he is ok that's the main thing for sure. Be careful out there everyone.

Silverback

Sorry to see it, but glad the occupants were safe. It's a huge plus that it was damaged parts, not damaged lives. Hope you get a new start on it.

Lethalcast

Thank god he's ok. As sad as it is to see it in this shape, the most valuable thing is the memories you've made with Kaleb building it.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Glad Kaleb is ok. Sorry to see the damage to the Goblin, but... "We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was. Better, stronger, faster." You have one of the best documented Goblin's out there and we love the contributions you've made to the forum!

SliderR1

Sorry to see it, but glad the occupants were safe. It's a huge plus that it was damaged parts, not damaged lives. Hope you get a new start on it.
My sentiments exactly! I know it sucks having a damaged car, but they can be replaced! Kaleb cannot. He's also learned a valuable lesson without getting hurt. Now you have the chance to double your father/son experience - look at it that way.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Here is a great option I found for redoing the wiring harnesses. Instead of using the hard old style plastic loom, this stuff is split also but is much more flexible and less bulky. It has all the same features of split loom but much better looking and more flexible. I just picked up 4 different sizes and have been replacing the loom I just installed. On larger sections of the engine harness, I'm going to stick with the hard loom as it may give more protection and block some of the heat.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-4-Flexo-F6-Braided-Cable-Sleeving-Wrap-Split-Loom-Techflex-F6N0-25BK/350999178330?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=620245293936&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

What sizes did you get and what amount did you require to finish the job roughly?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
What sizes did you get and what amount did you require to finish the job roughly?
I don't remember exactly how much I bought. I ended up having to purchase a bit more. I also did use it on the entire care because I found it after I had already complete the engine harness. I also order much more than I would use on the car for other projects, I tend to be a bit addicted to stuff like this an heat-shrink tubing.

I think I used 10' of the 1" for the main harness in the tunnel. Very little of medium sizes and quite a bit of the smaller sizes for long runs of just a pair of wires. I ended up ordering at least one 10' of each size from 1" on down and re-ordered more of the 1/8" and 1/4".

I know that doesn't tell you exactly how much to order and that's going to vary from build to build. But hopefully that gives you a better idea.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
I don't remember exactly how much I bought. I ended up having to purchase a bit more. I also did use it on the entire care because I found it after I had already complete the engine harness. I also order much more than I would use on the car for other projects, I tend to be a bit addicted to stuff like this an heat-shrink tubing.

I think I used 10' of the 1" for the main harness in the tunnel. Very little of medium sizes and quite a bit of the smaller sizes for long runs of just a pair of wires. I ended up ordering at least one 10' of each size from 1" on down and re-ordered more of the 1/8" and 1/4".

I know that doesn't tell you exactly how much to order and that's going to vary from build to build. But hopefully that gives you a better idea.
You sound like me my profession is network engineer so I am a little addicted to organized cabling.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
The bottom bolt of the thermostat housing was a real pain to find. Only one place on the internet had that size/length. That is a $9 bolt with shipping.
Chad, do you have a link to the $9 bolt you talk about above? I snapped that bolt off and need a new one.

Last edited:

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Resurrecting Chad's 1.0 thread... Can you provide the part number or link to the coolant pipe in the picture below?. It looks longer than 12 inches, on the long side, but I could be wrong.