ctuinstra's City Goblin - 07 SS/SC donor **Licensed**

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I guess states are different, but I always thought the VIN has to be permanently attached e.g. plated welded or directly stamped to the frame.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Waiting on the Department of Revenue to send the number plate to the Hwy Patrol so we are just working on a few small things here and there. I've been trying to come up with a good way to mount the intercooler. But before doing so, I wanted to paint it black to go with the rest of the car. I highly recommend this paint from Eastwood. This stuff is made for radiators. The spray is a very fine mist so it does not coat heavy. It comes out of the can so nice that you coat over and over and not have to worry about runs. I sprayed it at many angles to get the paint deep down in the fins. Ended up doing the car radiator also. I would have preferred to do it off the car. I only painted the front, sides, and top. This should help to reduce the amount of insulating.

https://www.eastwood.com/ew-radiator-black-12oz-satin-finish.html

DSCN1129.JPG
DSCN1126.JPG
DSCN1125.JPG

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Did you have to request the chassis tag from DF?
All of them should have it. It didn't come with the frame when I picked it up. I had to get it later because they didn't have it at the time. It came with the MSO (Manufacture Statement of Origin, or sometimes referred to MCO for Manufacture Certificate of Origin).

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Yes the license office kept mine, But I made copies before handing it over.

Nuker-
Just after I posted that question I remembered seeing her put it in an Inbox and wondering if I would get it back and then I quickly forgot about it. I don't normally loose things. I wish I would have made a copy but I guess it's served it's purpose. I was wondering if they would mail it with the title.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
After waiting the standard 7-10 days for the title to show up, I called the Department of Revenue to check on it. Odd, they just happened to process it today and I can expect it in 7-10 days! Ugh! My goal all winter long was to have the car on the road so Kaleb could take it to school at least once before he graduates this year. It was completely possible all the way up to this point. Now all hopes are dashed! He gets out of school in about a week and a half.

We were also planning the trip with the se7en guys in two weeks, but that doesn't look like real possibility anymore. Quite a let down today. I should have known not to expect a quick turnaround with Revenue.

I guess I should at least count my blessings that I will be receiving a title (as far as I know, until it's in my hand).

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
We get the plates long before the title. Is that not the case?
Not sure, I've never heard of trying to get plates without a title. How would they know you actually own the vehicle without a title? I guess I could call and see.

KJP

In Ohio we can run plates from an old vehicle (normally the one the new car is replacing) up to 30 days. Anything like that there so you can just borrow the plates from another one of your vehicles?

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
You can get your plates as soon as it shows processed in the DOR computer I got my plates about a week before I received the physical paper.

Nuker