David's Track ,street goblin - 08 SS/TC in NJ

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Naturally aspirated Cobalts from 07-10 were the only ones available as partial zero-emissions vehicles. Also, XFE doesn't necessarily mean that the car is PZEV. JSATX's car was an XFE trim and I don't think he had to swap pumps.

For reference, if you are looking at the top of the fuel tank you can determine if the car was PZEV by the number of hoses coming out of the fuel pump lid and by how the fuel pump wires are connected:
  • Standard fuel pump
    • 2 hoses (supply and return)
    • the wires are removable (there is a connector on the top)
  • PZEV
    • 1 hose (supply)
    • the wires are permanently attached to the top
Since yours is an SS/TC, you don't need to worry about it.

David

And a I have a MM5 code which is a
Merchandised Transmission - Manual 5 Speed Provisions

So what kind of trans is that because I know about the f35
So let me see I think I answered my own question so I have a MM5 and MU3 code so the MU3 means I have a f35 but since it's not LSD I don't have the G85 code I'm i correct

SliderR1

So I Subscribed to alldatadiy.com but I thought it was like a service manual and mybe I'm not using right but there are only Certain thing that show up
It can be tricky to find what you need on that site. The search bar is decent and depending on what area you are looking at, there are usually some menus on the right side of the screen for diagrams and such. What are you looking for specifically?

David

It can be tricky to find what you need on that site. The search bar is decent and depending on what area you are looking at, there are usually some menus on the right side of the screen for diagrams and such. What are you looking for specifically?
Nothing in general I was just looking up thing like fuel pump also wanted to know if it had what steps to take to change out the clutch and Torque spec but I think Chilton has all that

SliderR1

I found all the clutch data - see this picture for location in "service and repair" under Vehicle>Transmission and Drivetrain>Clutch>Pressure Plate>Service and Repair> MU3 The whole procedure then pops up with all torque values, etc..

Capture2.JPG

I found a lot of stuff about my fuel pump on this site - specifically, the connector views and what each wire goes to.

David

20171002_182659.jpg
20171002_182629.jpg
So I'm all done with the strip down of the donor before someone comes and takes it I want to make sure I Did not miss anything what have guys forgot to take off before they junked it

Last edited:

David

So i have a question the FTP sensor on the gas tank and also the grade vent valve I tired to take it out of the old gas tank but I did not know how to take them out or do i have to buy new sensor do be able tonuse it on the new tank so i can hook up the evap system
20171002_180802.jpg

David

Will I'm think I should try to cut it out of the tank and save the ftp sensor and the grade vent valve just in case i can reuse it some how what do you guys think

David

So I cut it out I took some pictures just in case someone wants to know how it looks
20171003_171643.jpg
20171003_171623.jpg

Know my question is how do you think I can install them in the new tank with out having it leak

Last edited:

David

20171003_190248.jpg
20171003_190240.jpg
20171003_190235.jpg
Better picture of one that I cleaned up there are Fused on the gas tank not easy to cut out but does anyone know what this is

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
These are the valves in the tank.
The fill limiter vent valve, the pressure relief valve, and the grade vent valves.

David

So this is what the Chilton manual has for a diagram for my car but it's not accurate at all since my ftp sensor is on my canister but I see now what is the fill limiter vent valve , grade vent valve but I'm guessing it does not have a prv valve so now I'm assuming I'm going to have to make them fit the new gas tank some how

Screenshot_20171003-195753.png

David

So quick question for everyone who striped a cobalt ss what did you guys do with the shell everyone by me wants to charge me to pick it up did you guys pay or found a scrap yard and took it yourself

Silverback

Sold the tires/wheels and radio off of mine. The SS seats had holes. A few nibbles, but no bites on CraigsList for other parts I didn't need. I found an outfit that buys junk cars and told them they could have it if they could get it without wheels. They did. Others wanted to know every detail about it before they would commit. Glad to see it gone.