DCMoney's Extended Street Goblin - 06 SS SC - #111 Registered

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Why use tape instead of rivets and silicone?
Used the tape instead of silicone, still used the rivets. Less mess with the tape vs silicone and it'll have better adhesion. Plus it was free... We use miles and miles of the stuff each year at work.

Last edited:

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
I ordered those same rubber Dorman 905-508 Control Arm Bushing mounts before I found the Moog K201285 Control Arm Bushing.
Wish I would have known about the Moog parts earlier... much better than the rubber ones.
The pic is of the bushing I took out. I replaced it with a solid rubber bussing bushing, will see how they feel and last. They were cheap.

askiles

Goblin Guru
Why use tape instead of rivets and silicone?
I used the tape instead of silicone. I still riveted/bolted the floor down. I just liked the tape better than the silicone. The tape actually provides some adherence to the chassis for some extra support. The silicone just helps the two materials from rattling against each other.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Lonny has found some urathane-type adhesive they are trying to replace the silicone. It's much like the window urathane.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Lonny has found some urathane-type adhesive they are trying to replace the silicone. It's much like the window urathane.
That would be good. VHB isn't forgiving once you pull the paper off.

After we got the tape applied we test fitted, made sure we had tape everywhere we wanted it, cleared all the holes for rivets. Then what worked well for us, was working from the bottom to the middle, then top back down to the middle. For sure 2 person job, once we started it went quick and relatively easy.

What is used to remove it if need be? Sounds like serious tape!
Lots of heat from a torch.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Windshi
Windshield urethane is some tough ****. The only way to break the seal is cut it and scrape it off with a sharp knife. Watch a glass guy some time they have short stroke sawsall's with a knife blade on the end. I would stick with vhb tape and or silicone.

Last edited:

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Need some help identifying some wiring on the body harness, started this 6 months ago and set it down, big mistake. Pissed at myself for not marking things well enough. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Connector 1
Which wiring harness and where on the harness. Take a shot of the whole harness showing about where it is located.

Connector 2
If it is part of your body harness and it's near the fuse box connectors it may connect to your engine harness. If so it's a keeper.

Connector 3
That may be a speaker wire.
Which wiring harness and where on the harness. Take a shot of the whole harness showing about where it is located.

Connector 4
I believe that is your CHMSL (3rd brake light).
The light blue wire should attach to one of the fuse box connectors.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Thanks Lonny, these are all a part of the body harness. None in the pictures are a standalone harness.

Will upload a picture of where at on the harness later tonight.

The first connector purple and green wires goes into the white fuse block. Looked through the wiring diagrams several times trying to find them.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Connector 1

Connector 2
If it is part of your body harness and it's near the fuse box connectors it may connect to your engine harness. If so it's a keeper.

Connector 3

Connector 4
99% sure connector 3 is the left rear speaker plug, but I have all the amplifier stuff removed, this is going to bother me all day now.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Connector 1

Connector 2

Connector 3

Connector 4
Connector 1 was the sunroof connector, wire color changed at the plug, why I couldn't find it in the wire diagrams. Found the plug in my box of old wiring.

Even had it marked sun roof, but didn't cut any of the wires it connected to...

Connector 2 did plug into my engine harness, had it labeled on the engine side as throttle body plug.

Connector 3 is a speaker wire, its gone.

Connector 4 was a third brake light, its gone as well now.

Thanks again for your help!

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Bunch of work over the past few weeks.

Bunch of red powder coated parts.

Got the engine and transmission mated up.

Stripped and powder coated the valve cover.

Got the engine in the frame.

On all 4's.

Kid approves.

Now that its on all 4s I'll bring it home to finish all the final details. Being 25 minutes away makes quick nightly work a little harder. Plus even though his garage is super big and a great place to work not having all my tools on hand and most importantly my TV and computer in the garage is killing me.