DCMoney's Extended Street Goblin - 06 SS SC - #111 Registered

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Starting my build log. Didn't plan on buying the kit till later this year or early next year but with the Motorhead Garage spot I didn't want to get behind a big back log, so I ordered my kit on 10/7.

Picked up my donor car on 9/22, thanks to ctuinstra for the lead on the car.

First time I've towed with my gas Touareg, VW bought back my diesel one last year that I use to tow with all the time. Was pleasantly surprised with the gas engine, 19 mpg unloaded and 15.6 mpg with the car.

Got the car unloaded and on some skates to make it easier to move around the garage. Car in the back is a 1970 MG MGB, total piece of ****. My best friend bought this without consulting me first and its been nothing but a nightmare. If anyone would like to buy it let me know...

I'm 16 hours in to the tear down, car is ready to be scrapped, and I'm starting to clean parts and preparing to modify the wire harness.

Really excited to get this up an running in time for spring 2019.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Nice! Welcome aboard, I am trying to scrape together some of the final funds to get my Stage 2/3 ordered......

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Got the donor out of the garage in 3 weeks! Going to the scrap yard tomorrow.

Borrowed one of works tilt bed trailers, using the skates rolled it up the trailer.

Plan on starting on the wiring harness this weekend.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Been slowly working on the wiring. Taking my time to make sure I don't cut anything I'll need later.

Utility area in my basement has a 4x10 table in it that's making working on the harness easier.

Dash harness

Body Harness

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
The harness was stressful for me, my fingers are crossed that I did it right. I should know next weekend/week. Best of luck on yours!

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Best advice, labelEverything and keep everything! I’ve used a LabelMaker to label every plugged, just when you think you will memorize one, you will forget

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Also use zip ties to keep the basic shape intact. I must have used at least a couple hundred keeping everything organized.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
You can see my label printer case next to my gloves in one of pictures. I labeled everything on the engine harness but got lazy on the body harness. So I've been going through the manual matching plugs and labeling the ones I missed.

Nilbog

I thought the worst part was removing all the clips and original loom/tape on the harnesses. Still have nightmares about that! Latex gloves!

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Best advice, labelEverything and keep everything! I’ve used a LabelMaker to label every plugged, just when you think you will memorize one, you will forget
Also use zip ties to keep the basic shape intact. I must have used at least a couple hundred keeping everything organized.
I agree with both of these. I cut out my master cylinder plug for some unknown reason. made it 2 minutes in to video 2 and realized it was missing. Off to the bucket of cutoffs and there it was.

I feel like there should be a sticky post under electrical. saying " Before you remove any wires from the donor. Label every plug. Even if you know it is label it it will save you in the long run"