Desert Sasqwatch Track Extended - 08 SS/TC LNF F40

Brian74

Per the brakes, there are brake compounds that are rated for high temps that will circumvent fade if thats what you’re worried about. I just started running a set of circle track brake pads in my sand rail that are rated to over 600 degrees F. I was getting massive fade under hard driving with the old pads. The reason being the pad surface area of my front discs is tiny for the 75 lb 33” tires I am running up front. I didn’t want to spend over $1000 for bigger brakes (which meant changing every component down to the spindles). With these new circle track compond pads, fade is nonexistant and braking is much more responsive under varying pedal pressures.

Desert Sasqwatch

Well I did it, I pulled the trigger and have placed my order. I had to renegotiate with the accountant/wife and rehash the benefit of building a Goblin - versus building something else like a '69 Camaro (big $$$). I got the thumbs up and hit the purchase button. So I will be getting the TC extended track with F40 transmission mod. Gonna be fun! :p

Desert Sasqwatch

Been a couple weeks, very busy with my new job. Hoping I have about 7-8 more weeks until my kit is ready, am counting the days.

Have been slowly working on donor parts getting them ready for paint and replacing worn parts. Did order and receive my pair of heat exchangers for the intercooler. These are KZ750 radiators, measuring 17.5X8.5X1.5 inches with a core 120 square inches of dual row cooling tubes each. A single 8 inch 900cfm cooling fan will be mounted on the rear side. I plan to side mount them behind the cockpit, one on each side, with a cowl to direct air into them. They will be run in parallel with an expansion tank feeding a high flow pump. I will supplement them with a water misting system (separate water tank and pump) for each heat exchanger, for the really hot days in Phoenix.

Attachments

Last edited:

Briann1177

I would also consider moving the intake filter too. While I'm sure the stock Goblin location can't be any worse than the airbox being under the hood right next to the engine in a Cobalt, there are improvements that could be made.

Desert Sasqwatch

The intake filter will be straight up from the turbo, in the 'cooler' air well above the engine - which is a relative thing when you live in the desert. There was a discussion about this in Turbo Goblin Intercooling and IAT2 Temps thread.

Water/meth injection may be a future add on, depending upon what I can achieve for intake temps with the dual heat exchangers feeding an oversize air to water intercooler.