DF, could/would you make the 4.45 final drive gears?

deuc224

Hi all, was just wondering that since they are in such demand, could/would DF be able to make these parts for us. Ive read they help from keeping the F35 from eating the 3rd and 4th gear. Would anyone else want to see this done?

Ross

Goblin Guru
So is that a low geared differential you want to use? As long as it is made to fit in the F35, it would work.
Or are you asking if DF makes gears?

deuc224

Yeah it was on some of the F35 trannys. I was wondering if DF would make em? Or am i the only one interested in them LOL

askiles

Goblin Guru
Not sure they can or want to start making gears. I don’t think there would be enough demand for them to tool up for that.

lksohm

I have read forums before (I think racing bikes) where people try to make drive gears themselves with only disasters to follow. It is extraordinarily difficult to get parts hardened properly without industrial scale equipment.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I'm sure there are transmission vendors out there who would be willing to make the gears requested. It should be noted that DF is a kit car manufacturer - this is the core of their business - and many of the accessory parts, like heat exchangers, nuts & bolts, seats, etc., are parts they purchase and resell. I'm confused how a request for specialty transmission gears would be expected as something they could achieve?

deuc224

I'm sure there are transmission vendors out there who would be willing to make the gears requested. It should be noted that DF is a kit car manufacturer - this is the core of their business - and many of the accessory parts, like heat exchangers, nuts & bolts, seats, etc., are parts they purchase and resell. I'm confused how a request for specialty transmission gears would be expected as something they could achieve?
Was thinking because DF is an aerospace company first, then a kit car manufacturer. Just a thought.

Justin

I have 4.45 finale drive in my f35 trainsmission. I believe they came from a Saturn vue originally. I do know they are rare now and really hard to come by. I got mine from a company called performance autowerks. Maybe they still have some