DF Kit Car Online Store Progress

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the delay.

I tried to get the store finished by the end of March because I knew that April was going to be a very busy month. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get it up before April and so far I have been correct about how busy this month would be. We've had 7 kits leave the shop so far in April and at least 3 (maybe 4) will leave this weekend.

So the store is once again on the back burner until close to the end of this month.

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
This is entirely random, but why not hire an intern to finish it up?
If it was just a cookie cutter Shopify storefront I would look into that but it's complicated trying to get it to all work with our kit ordering page because our kits are such a complicated purchase between the donor options, chassis configurations and optional equipment. As far as I can tell, what I want to do isn't very common so it is a little bit of a struggle.

Another reason I don't want to pass it off to someone else is because I enjoy developing the website, especially the tricky things. It's like a puzzle.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
If it was just a cookie cutter Shopify storefront I would look into that but it's complicated trying to get it to all work with our kit ordering page because our kits are such a complicated purchase between the donor options, chassis configurations and optional equipment. As far as I can tell, what I want to do isn't very common so it is a little bit of a struggle.

Another reason I don't want to pass it off to someone else is because I enjoy developing the website, especially the tricky things. It's like a puzzle.
I am ready to order, do you prefer orders online, through email, or over the phone? How do all the additional options work when ordering?

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
I am ready to order, do you prefer orders online, through email, or over the phone? How do all the additional options work when ordering?
The best way to submit the kit order is through the site. That way you can put in your contact info with the order and it'll all be saved in the database. The options are currently handled via email and I add/remove them from your invoice.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
The best way to submit the kit order is through the site. That way you can put in your contact info with the order and it'll all be saved in the database. The options are currently handled via email and I add/remove them from your invoice.
Just put it in, thanks