Digital RDP turbo pod mounting

Indy Lonnie

How are people mounting the RDP digital turbo gauge pod. I thought about mounting it to the steering column with a clamp. Comments?

Attachments

Christopher Sanchez

I have not yet decided whether to mount it centered on the steering column or off to the right coming off the top left mounting hole where the gauge cluster mounts.. I will post pictures when I attach mine

Brian74

Goblin Guru
If size ends up becoming too much of a factor, the Aeroforce Interceptor gauge (2 1/16” diameter) does the same as the RPD and more, as well as engine codes and data loggging, and will fit right behind the steering wheel. Can be had for around $200.

Indy Lonnie

I decided to mount it to the right of the instrument panel. It worked out really good. I used 3 -1 1/2” coated clamps and mounted it to the bar. I used 4 thick washers on one bolt to the left to get the angle right. It’s on the same plane as the instrument panel.
I’m going to purchase the Aeroforce Interceptor also and mount it on the steering column.
6086F216-FC7E-4FD6-91F6-E06ECB6A17C5.jpeg
7CB931FD-FBC9-47CC-8F0D-B8ECA2727394.jpeg
E7311455-123F-447A-A062-DD4A1C4DFBCA.jpeg
5A1A6424-1ED2-4084-B2A3-27C5F372B6AB.jpeg

JPas914

I know I’m reviving a rather dead thread, but it might be helpful for someone else. I fabricated a mount for mine that mounts just under the gauge cluster. I traced out a template using cardboard to get the mounting point right and make sure it would clear the bottom of the cluster. Then I used some sheet steel from Lowes, some 3/4 inch spacers and 1.25 inch bolts. Once it was all cut out and ground smooth, I gently bent the metal to the angle I was looking for. If it breaks down the road, I’ll redesign it and add some support. I’ll also add a picture from behind the gauge cluster after i get home from work since I don’t have one on my phone.

Attachments

RouteAbel

I know I’m reviving a rather dead thread, but it might be helpful for someone else. I fabricated a mount for mine that mounts just under the gauge cluster. I traced out a template using cardboard to get the mounting point right and make sure it would clear the bottom of the cluster. Then I used some sheet steel from Lowes, some 3/4 inch spacers and 1.25 inch bolts. Once it was all cut out and ground smooth, I gently bent the metal to the angle I was looking for. If it breaks down the road, I’ll redesign it and add some support. I’ll also add a picture from behind the gauge cluster after i get home from work since I don’t have one on my phone.
Those pedals...:p

JPas914

Love the pedals too... Fill us in please on what those are and how you lengthened the gas pedal. I'm wanting to space out the gas pedal for better heal toeing myself.
I actually didn’t lengthen the gas pedal yet, the angle that the picture was taken makes it look that way. I know that JERMzSS and a few others have done it here....
Added a couple pictures from the back to show how it’s mounted.

Attachments