Donor Parts Available Soon

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I will be purchasing another donor car to replace the engine in a friend's car soon. I'm not looking forward to an engine swap but it needs to be done. The donor will be from an auction so it's hard to tell at the moment what exactly will be available. It will be a 2005-2006 base model. The engine and transmission at the moment will be the only items I will need. However, her transmission still works.

Let me know if any of you need anything and I will remove it for absolute minimum cost and shipping. Otherwise the rest is going to the salvage yard. I'm not trying to make money here just to help out.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Apparently I didn't grab the passenger seat pigtail that is used for the horn, hazards, etc. It's shown at 12:25 in part 14 of the build vids. I think I still have the connector that was on the body harness. I guess there is another part that is on the seat side which I don't have.

There might be a couple of other things too that I can't think of at the moment.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
As it turns out, all the Cobalts I tried to get where either too much or too old or something. Everywhere it was a bust! I ended up getting a 2005 Malibu that was wreck in the rear. It has 125K on it and the engine and transmission run very well. I'm going to use the engine and hopefully the transmission too, although I rather doubt I will be that lucky. So I won't have any parts after all.

I had bid on a 2007 before I realized that it wouldn't work in the 2006 and thought that I might end up with it. I was thinking about stripping everything and offering it as a donor package to new potential Goblin owners, but as it turns out, I was out-bit. Oh well, I really didn't need the extra project right now. I have enough things going on.