Dre city Goblin build - 06 LS Donor

Dre

Hello all. Just thought i would start my build thread. I picked up an 06 LS with 135,000 miles for $800. I'm in the Bothell Washington area. I plan to do some light autocross and take it to a track some, but mainly drive it in all weather. I'll update as I go along.

Attachments

Dre

My deposit is in on the frame and once it gets in, I'll be getting the frame and subframe painted blue. My friend will be getting me a good deal.

Dre

So i finally got a chance to start taking apart the donor. Just got part 1 and started post 2. I'm going to skip taking off the body panels and doors unless needed. So far things are going well... there is a lot of surface rust, but sand blasting should do the trick

Attachments

Dre

I also noticed my shifter feels stiff and not as fluid as other manual transmissions. The car gets into gear with no problems and drives well.

Dre

Put In a little more work today. Drained the oil and started to take the wiring off in the engine bay. I also stated to do the wiring for the interior... I need to get a spring compressor to take the struts off the car and borrow a friends cherry picker to do the engine, that's why i started the wiring harness.

Attachments

dperkins

I believe the first picture is of the EVAP system wires. The cut ones might be your tail lights if I am remembering correctly :oops:

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
You are correct. I think those are the drl... ****
The first is Fuel pump and EVAP system wires.
There are no DRL wires in the trunk area. They just feed headlights.
That is either rear lights or the harness going up to the headliner. I am almost positive it is rear lights and trunk release in that harness