Dre city Goblin build - 06 LS Donor

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I bled mine via gravity and air pressure at the master cylinder resevoir.
I attached a long piece of clear vinyl hose to the bleeder to a catch can. Opened the bleeder screw.
Let gravity begin to do its work and watch the fluid level begin to drop in the reservoir. Filling to keep level full.
Once it stopped moving, applied lung pressure to the reservoir opening until fluid was coming out of bleeder screw hose.
Closed bleeder screw.
At that point I could start pumping the the pedal at start feeling pressure build.
Then proceeded with normal bleeding process to remove any additional air bubbles.
All brake lines were bled via gravity as well. Some puffs on the reservoir to help speed things along.
There is also this method. It talks about brakes but the clutch is done the same way.
http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/bleeding-brakes-the-easy-way.565/#post-7703

Reactions: Dre

Dre

Have you tried putting a small screwdriver in the opening that goes into the line and pushing back towards the rear of the car? This will allow the fluid to flow through the line otherwise it’s blocked. I had this issue. And yes fluid from top to bottom opening.
Yea... that didn't work. I have another on order.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I've got a Motive power bleeder with the GM adapter if you'd like to borrow it. Not sure if you get up my way often, but figured I'd extend the offer.

Dre

I got the new clutch cylinder in and installed. Bleeded the system with my buddy... I did accidentally puncture a hole in my radiator. I got a new one in (double core instead of a tripple). This one has a radiator cap. Does anyone know if this will interfere with the hood?

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
I got the new clutch cylinder in and installed. Bleeded the system with my buddy... I did accidentally puncture a hole in my radiator. I got a new one in (double core instead of a tripple). This one has a radiator cap. Does anyone know if this will interfere with the hood?
I spent the weekend going through old build threads. Looks like they did use the ones with caps prior to the current version. Should be good to go. So it ended up being the clutch cylinder?

Dre

I spent the weekend going through old build threads. Looks like they did use the ones with caps prior to the current version. Should be good to go. So it ended up being the clutch cylinder?
It was the cylinder. The little piston in it was not moving. I got the new one in, applied pressure from the mightyvac into the inlet, and pumped the cylinder and the pressure was released.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
They made it idiot proof for the idiots who want to check their coolant level at the radiator.

You're guaranteed a need to add coolant if you ever do remove the radiator cap.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Check the angle of the lower tube. We use to cut the lower tube off and weld it back on at a greater angle to keep the lower radiator hose from sticking out of the bottom of the frame. The new radiators are special order.

Dre

Got mine mostly done. Just need to do ebrake and wire up the button panel... As for cosmetics, i need to have it painted and get new rims and tires. But im trying todo enough to get it registered soon.

Attachments

Dre

Ha ha... i want to hurry. I plan to do the hazard lights and horn this weekend. Once i get the ebrake installed, i will schedule.

Dre

I'm hoping to get my car registered tomorrow or Tuesday. I have most of the buttons working (Horn, info, return, hazard). Not really sure how to test if the cruise control is working without driving it so I didn't wire it up yet. I was able to get my info and return button to work without using resistors. I also wired up my lights to turn off when the car turns off and to turn off when I turn the knob on the blinker lever.
I have new wheels waiting for tires to get on them. I will most likely powdercoat/paint them black.
The bracket I designed to mount the ebrake calipers should be getting back to me this week and I will hopefully have the ebrake all done by the end of the week.