Dre city Goblin build - 06 LS Donor

Dre

Sounds good to me... So far during the tear down the replacement components ill be getting are:
Two new rear hubs
Starter motor
Two lower control arms
Not too bad.

Dre

I need to get a new bolt also, the threading for the bolt is messed up... I'll get photos when I get home.

Dre

Just registered my donor vehicle to get the license and it has to sit in my garage for 4 weeks since I have to wait for the title to come in the mail. Because the car was out of state, I couldn't get a quick license.... On a more positive note, I got word from Adam that my frame will be placed on the jig either the second or third week in June. Right now I'm on the stage plan, but I may just out right pay for all and have it come all at once.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Just registered my donor vehicle to get the license and it has to sit in my garage for 4 weeks since I have to wait for the title to come in the mail. Because the car was out of state, I couldn't get a quick license.... On a more positive note, I got word from Adam that my frame will be placed on the jig either the second or third week in June. Right now I'm on the stage plan, but I may just out right pay for all and have it come all at once.
If you can swing it, it's best to pick up as much as possible at one time. Not only so you have everything you need in hand in case you want to reference something and how it looks, works, and goes together, but also for less repetitive work for the Doyel gang (having to pick and ship items). I thought I would do it in stages, but ended up doing Stage 1 and 2 at the same time and I was very glad that I did. Besides, Stage 1 actually goes very quick and you are ready for Stage 2 before you know it.

Dre

Koo. Thanks for the advice. I think i will order all three stages because it will also save on shipping.

Dre

I have been working slow... but the goal now is to drop off the smaller metal parts and have my brother powdercoat them black. When my kit comes in the plan is to powdercoat the frame, subframe and control arms blue. I'm not sure what color i'm going to do the engine, but I may powder coat the valve cover red. I also plan on replacing all the seals in the engine while waiting for everything to come in.

Dre

I just ordered a starter, e brake, engine timing cover gasket, and an engine valve cover gasket.

Dre

Yea, its amazing. You also get the satisfaction of completing something. I will start the main harness very soon, most likely tomorrow.