Dre city Goblin build - 06 LS Donor

Dre

In part 12 of the video at the very beginning, is that ground lug connected to the blue plug? If so, my lug has 4 wires total going to it. One goes into the blue plug, one goes to the cigarette lighter (which I plan to keep), one is free and i think the last one goes to the sub.

Attachments

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I don't recall exactly. My recommendation is to not remove any ground wires unless it's dedicated to a circuit you know you won't use e.g. the accessory plugs--bad example. Any ground wires that go directly from a ground point to the plugs should NOT be removed.

Dre

I guess i'll add 3 extra ground wires to the lug (making it 7 total) and finish up the video.

Wes

I don't have the engine connector like the one in video 12 @ 5:08 time marker. I think mine is the one posted. Can anyone confirm?
Looks like mine but without the brown wire, the black and tan/tan wires are important :). I found this site had some good info for filling in missing info from videos.

https://workshop-manuals.com/chevrolet/cobalt/l4-2.4l_vin_b/starting_and_charging/power_and_ground_distribution/multiple_junction_connector/component_information/diagrams/c100_c199/page_10123/

SliderR1

That doesn't look like the engine connector. I think the one you are looking for should have 8 pins. That looks like the MAF plug.

Dre

I'll check when I get home... I have like 4 different wiring harnesses. Dash Harness, main harness, engine harness, and I cant remember the last one.

Dre

Looking at the videos and what not, and realizing that my car does not have ABS or onstar, the wiring harness is fairly different.

Wes

The top plug on the website you sent is the exact plug.
Yeah, these are different on a lot of models, yours is like mine body harness to engine c101. As long as you can find the other end you will be good.

Dre

Did you cut the twisted wire on the opposite end like in the video?... Also, my AC wire is very short.

Dre

On a side note... My frame finished on 06/22/2018 and is scheduled for pickup from the freight company on 06/29/2018. I decided to go ahead and pay for everything out right in order to save on shipping and just have everything. I still need to finish the wiring harness and cleaning/painting of my donor parts.

Parts ordered:
2 Rear Hubs
2 Lower control arms
Themostat
Head Gasket kit
Timing chain
Starter
Valve cover gasket
Manual E-Brake
E-brake handle
USB accessory port
2 Seats with 5 point harnesses

Parts needed still (for me):
Serpentine Belt
Head light, Tail light
Side mirrors
Wheels & tires
Switches for

Attachments

Dre

Just received confirmation that I can go pick up my kit from the shipping terminal on tuesday!
On a side note... Part 14 of the videos at the 6:34 time mark. I can't find that connector thats on the steering column. Can someone post a photo for me or tell me what its used for?