Dre city Goblin build - 06 LS Donor

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Just received confirmation that I can go pick up my kit from the shipping terminal on tuesday!
On a side note... Part 14 of the videos at the 6:34 time mark. I can't find that connector thats on the steering column. Can someone post a photo for me or tell me what its used for?
I'm thinking if you have an manual transmission, you may not have that connector. I have a manual and I don't remember that connector either. I only remember two, one for the VATS (black plastic ring around the key) and the other one for the actual ignition. Sorry I'm not much more help on that one.

Dre

Thanks for the help guys have a MT and i have that connector on the harness, but not the connector on the steering column. I'll just ignore it for now.

Dre

Another dumb question of the day... the bottom connector of the two shown, is it used in a manual transmission? Either i lost it or it's not used. Thanks all

Attachments

Dre

I have been slacking on the updates, but here are some. My NRG seats came in with the 5 point harness. I'm almost done with the wiring harness. I ordered "Intense Blue" powder from prismatic powders. And i found a trailer to borrow... one bolt is still stuck in the subframe that I'm still trying to get out.

Attachments

CncMan333

Great looking choices on the headlights. Do they use all the same wires as the Cobalt head light or would you have to run extra wires?

jamesm

Goblin Guru
You guys getting your kits this week is making me jealous... Mine won't be ready until next weekend...

Dre

I have seats with seat sliders. I think i need to have a bracket welded on before taking it in to get powder. In the mean time I'm doing some engine work and prepping little parts for paint/powder coat.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I have seats with seat sliders. I think i need to have a bracket welded on before taking it in to get powder. In the mean time I'm doing some engine work and prepping little parts for paint/powder coat.
Yeah, as hard as it is, don't be in a hurry to get it powdered. Try to think of all of the things you need to add/modify before you seal it up.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Any suggestions you may have?
Bars for seat sliders.
Cut the tunnel cover
Extra tabs for side panel mounting. I only added 1 on each side. I am going to try 3m VHB tape to hold my sides on with only 1 or 2 rivets
Extra floor supports. That aluminum floor is thin and will not hurt to have an extra bar or two.

Dre

Bars for seat sliders.
Cut the tunnel cover
Extra tabs for side panel mounting. I only added 1 on each side. I am going to try 3m VHB tape to hold my sides on with only 1 or 2 rivets
Extra floor supports. That aluminum floor is thin and will not hurt to have an extra bar or two.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to get these added this weekend.