Dre city Goblin build - 06 LS Donor

Dre

I swear this has to be the worst part... i should have just mounted it somewhere else.

Dre

One thing I learned about pulling the hose is to clean it before hand and lube with tire wet as you go. The second time I pulled the hose, it went much smoother.

Dre

Has anyone changed the steering shaft u joints? Mine are shot... On a side note, my friend came over and helped me rotate my frame back over. I have silicone all over where the frame is from putting on the floor panel. Gonna suck getting it off.

Attachments

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Mine were fine. The shaft was stuck and wouldn't pull in or out but lots of degreaser and some heat loosened it right up. Yours will probably be the same way.

Reactions: Dre

Dre

I ended up buying a new intermediate shaft because it was heavily rusted and the U-joints were in bad shape. Cost me about $45.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Is this guy used to install the pedal box to the frame? 2:21 on video 17.
I believe that is the top center bolt. The one that connects to the frame piece.

Yours will NOT have the spacer as shown here.

This is just for reference.

1534015995763.png

jamesm

Goblin Guru
You use a donor bolt to mount the top of the pedal box to the post. The bolt in the bag is to go in lower pedal box mount. Lonny calls it a machined bolt in the video.