Dre city Goblin build - 06 LS Donor

Dre

I made little progress this weekend. I mounted the upper control arms, ignition, brake pedal, throttle pedal, and some brake lines. Today i have to pick up some inner tierod ends and hose for the brake booster.

Attachments

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Build is going slow since im waiting on parts to be shipped... but i did end up designing and 3d printing an adapter to hold the ebay side mirrors with blinkers on. This is only temporary until i get some real ones machined.
They bottoms should have come in the kit. Check with Adam.

Reactions: Dre

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
There is one very small "issue" with the way the turn signal mounts from DF work. There is no way to remove the side mirror without cutting wires. I have a connector on mine and I would have to cut the connector off to remove the mirror.

Really if you break a mirror you'll need to cut wires anyways so it's not a big deal. But if you need to take it off for some weird reason, it's a little more of a pain.

If you could redesign your print to include a slot in the middle hole, you wouldn't need to worry about that. Just a thought.

Dre

The print has a middle hole for the wires from the mirror to pass through. I will be adding a connector to the wiring harness so it plugs into the mirror. I would not have to cut anything to remove them, just unscrew and unplug.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Your design is pretty much identical to what DF provides. What I was trying to say is that piece goes on the bottom of the frame where the turn signal mounts. If you install your connector on the turn signals beforehand like I did, there is no way to fish it down that hole when you go to install the lights. You'll have to cut the connector off, install the mirror, and put the connector back on.

The same thing will apply if you want to remove your mirror.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
You can install the mirror with a connector pre installed. We do it all the time.
The plastic mirror backer will fit through the steel mirror mount with the wire through it and a plug on the end of the wire.
Feed the plug through the steel mount and then turn the plastic backer sideways and push it through.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Something's not looking up... i can't connect my clutch pedal. It hits the steering shaft and the holes don't line up. Unless I'm doing something wrong
At least the problems are consistent. Now I feel better in out build that it wasn't just me doing something wrong. We also ran into that same issue. You will have to grind or cut away part of the clutch pedal for it to clear the steering shaft. That's what we did.

The same goes for the clutch mounting, I had to grind away on the plate that hits the frame to allow it to move closer to the frame so the bolt holes line up.

You haven't done anything wrong, these are just undocumented courses of action.