Eliminating the entire key assembly???

BAR-AIR

Good Afternoon,
Is there any to eliminate the entire key assembly and wiring??? The stand alone harness did just trying to see if it is possible....
THX,
Bruce

Brian74

Goblin Guru
Good Afternoon,
Is there any to eliminate the entire key assembly and wiring??? The stand alone harness did just trying to see if it is possible....
THX,
Bruce
AFAIK, you can disable VATS on an LSJ ECM and then use whatever you want instead of the key.

For the LNF cars, the Bosh E69 VATS cannot be bypassed, so it always requires the key’s unique code in order to enable fuel. I’ve researched the heck out of this and have come up with no better answer.

BAR-AIR

Good Evening,
Both of my cars 2008 & 2010 are running the E37 ACDelco (Delphi)? Anyway with those?
THX,
Bruce

Brian74

Goblin Guru
Good Evening,
Both of my cars 2008 & 2010 are running the E37 ACDelco (Delphi)? Anyway with those?
THX,
Bruce
If you can get the VATS disabled (I know HPtuners can do that with many of the Delphi ECM’s) then it should be no problem. Talk to ctuinstra. I think some time back he was working on eliminating his key switch and adding a push button starter. It might even be in his build thread.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
If you can get the VATS disabled (I know HPtuners can do that with many of the Delphi ECM’s) then it should be no problem. Talk to ctuinstra. I think some time back he was working on eliminating his key switch and adding a push button starter. It might even be in his build thread.
Here is the link for the Push button start.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
To summarize, and to confirm what I think I know, those of us with LNF donors that have the Bosch ECM cannot install a keyless start system in any way, shape, and form without a ton of effort, correct? Just double checking.

BAR-AIR

Good Morning,
I know this is going to be an over simplified way of thinking. My VATS is completely disabled. (Not sure if it means anything actually had the automatic shifter electric plug disconnected -which should have stopped the start function with it not in park [micro switch]). But it didn’t and started normally. There are a lot of wires going to the key switch but with the security OFF most the wires are confirming safety items (the keys chip, the brake is pressed, the car is in park) after all is confirmed one wire initiates the start cycle correct. None of the stand alone systems have VATS or anything more then a momentary switch for starting the engine.

I have the initial harness that I modified prior to DF having instructions for building the Goblin. So it worked in the car but modified another harness for it to fit and look better in the car. Not wanting to mess up the current harness in the car for the TCM removal modification I pulled out the first harness and trying to thin it down to the very bare minimum. So the key and extra wiring really needs to go.

Attachments

BAR-AIR

Good Afternoon,
I have been thinking (yeah, I know generally not a good idea for me)... I actually have one of the Ariel Atom 2 body (chassis) harnesses I think that is a Bosch ECU now I haven’t really looked at it that closely [had it boxed up and forgot about it] that has a push to start. I have a call into Wombat because he actually has the engine harness for the same Ariel Atom. The reason that I never really dug into it is without the engine harness I don’t know where everything connects to the engine. So hopefully he still has it and will let me figure out how the two connect together. Maybe that can give us a road map how they made it work.
THX,
Bruce

BAR-AIR

Good Evening,
Just got back into Buffalo and wanted to post the pictures of the Ariel Atom body harness. Should be a 2006 Ariel Atom 2 it’s the only one that came with the 2.0L Ecotec that was supercharged.
BA7BC156-D94E-4A3C-B593-4DEABABB2077.jpeg

9010BAE0-78D7-4641-BE45-6217CC90BD57.jpeg

The dash with the gauges, lights and start push button. The other nice thing is about 80% of the plugs have the factory labels showing where they go.
7B4477FF-09A1-4F47-845E-9040308462F1.jpeg

Which ECU is this obviously not the same as on my 2008 or 2010. But I do believe this is the same one that is used on the 2.4L...
50BC6C2B-BC74-401D-BC14-53CE7534025A.jpeg

This is what I think is interesting about the harness I believe all the fuses and any required resistors for the entire car are contained in here both body and engine. (Also note the motorcycle battery for the car was stored here also)!!!!!
So the questions begins with was a stock engine harness used and if so this should be able to be plugged into any 2.0L supercharger Ecotec and with possible tuning we should have a blueprint (Basically Russian reverse engineering) Complete stand alone harnesses for the Goblins. Without any of the BS most of us are trying to eliminate.
THX,
Bruce

Ross

Goblin Guru
That PCM looks like the same one in my 2006 Cobalt SS SC (and now in my goblin). It is a P12 PCM.
I would be interested in a HP Tuners download of that P12 PCM. It is easy to turn off VATS on it.
Ross.

BAR-AIR

Good Evening,
So how do you use the Ariels Atoms harness as a wiring diagram to produce a harness just for the Goblin????
THX,
Bruce

BAR-AIR

Good Evening,
Does anyone one have a early 2005-2007 supercharged engine harness???? CHEAP!!! probably going to destroy it trying to see it I can adapt it to the Ariel Atom harness. That or if anyone happens to know Casey (Wombat on the forum) he is probably sick of me messaging him but he had actually purchased the Ariel Atom’s engine and engine harness from PHerder. I don’t think he was able to use the harness but I believe he did use the engine in his Goblin. All I really need to do is trace out the wires in that harness and then modify an OEM harness.
Any help would be appreciated...
THX,
Bruce

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Good Evening,
Does anyone one have a early 2005-2007 supercharged engine harness???? CHEAP!!! probably going to destroy it trying to see it I can adapt it to the Ariel Atom harness. That or if anyone happens to know Casey (Wombat on the forum) he is probably sick of me messaging him but he had actually purchased the Ariel Atom’s engine and engine harness from PHerder. I don’t think he was able to use the harness but I believe he did use the engine in his Goblin. All I really need to do is trace out the wires in that harness and then modify an OEM harness.
Any help would be appreciated...
THX,
Bruce
Look up Matt Slayton from Chattanooga, TN on Facebook. He's a member of the Cobalt SS Parts group on there. Tell him the "LNF body harness guy" sent you. LOL!

BAR-AIR

Good Evening,
After working on the Ariel Atoms wiring harness (still trying to get the engine portion ). What is the smallest battery one could use on the Goblin??? Been looking at the motorcycle batteries and even the riding lawn mower batteries (approx 400CA). My car is summer use only and the battery for an all season Cobalt said it needs 500CA. Anyone using something other then an OEM style battery???
THX,
Bruce
178EB72C-1133-4521-8F8D-D77EE83FB1B8.jpeg

You can see where the Ariel Atoms battery was mounted (motorcycle I’m guessing) and that had a 2.0 supercharged Ecotec....