Engine Wiring Harness - what wires are not needed?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Not much else. The small connector that goes to the purge solenoid can go. You will want to keep the primary fan wire, it will get extended to the front.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Not much else. The small connector that goes to the purge solenoid can go. You will want to keep the primary fan wire, it will get extended to the front.
What do you mean by the primary fan wire? I already pulled the two electric fan connections since I thought they weren't used back in the engine area.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
What is this connection for and can I pull it from the engine wiring harness? I thought it was for the AC line.
IMG_1170[1].JPGIMG_1173[1].JPG

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
What is this connection for and can I pull it from the engine wiring harness? I thought it was for the AC line.
View attachment 8383View attachment 8384
No you can remove that. I do think that is the AC....He is referring to the big blue fan wire thats from one of the engine harness blocks, which is also part of the radiator fan wires that you may have cut out. Not a big deal. If you've already cut it out, just unpin the one with the blue wire and extend it. You'll end up attaching it to the defroster wire to power the radiator fan once you have it installed. Here is someones image just follow the blue wire. If you've completely removed it already, someone will likely be able to chime in and tell you which pin it is.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
The EVAP purge solenoid is not needed. The SC bypass solenoid is! You show both in the photo. The larger one on the top I believe is the purge solenoid. Make sure before you cut it out.