Extended or Not?

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a kit order and was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on getting the extended frame vs. not. I'm only 5'7" so I don't need the extra space for me, but I was thinking about putting in some custom storage boxes behind the seats since I could have 4 inches to play with. For those of you who didn't get the extended, do you now wish you did? For those who have the extended, was it worth the money? Tall people don't need to reply since I already know it was worth it to you. :) Thoughts?

RichN

I'm 5'8" and don't have the extended frame. I'm quite comfortable with the seat all the way back.

theeulogy

I got the extended because I am 6 foot 3 inches tall, however I plan on putting the passenger seat forward enough to facilitate enough room for an overnight sized bag. Within a week I should be mounting seats, so I should have an idea of how much room there is with a long frame setup for a 5 foot 9 inch passenger; my wife.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
I did not get the extended. I am 5'10" and I fit pretty well in the regular frame. If you are going to do the storage boxes it may be wise to get the extended.

George

Goblin Guru
I am 5'11" should have gotten the extended frame. Mine is track version with full cage(just incase I try to slide under a pickup truck) Being 69 not as limber as I use to be an extended would have worked better for me.

Brad

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I'm almost 6'5" and I should have gone with the standard length frame. Less weight = go fast and fast > comfort. :)

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I'm almost 6'5" and I should have gone with the standard length frame. Less weight = go fast and fast > comfort. :)
Maybe we all just want what we don’t have. A little sad isn’t it? haha.

I’m 5-11, have the standard and wish I had the extended. My seat is against the back rail and my legs are not supported by the seat because the pedals are a little too close. I would also have liked to put a little backpack behind the seat. But its fun enough you usually don’t think about that kind of stuff until hour two driving.

So far my longest drive was 4 hours. Wasn’t too bad.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I’m 5 10 and the standard is fine for me. Like jsatx said would be nice to put a bag behind seat though.

That 7h each way drive in goblin to Dallas was a little rough!

Nuker

canyon bolieu

I’m 6’ 1” and I got the extended I have to put my seat all the way foward (which means more room for stuff behind the seats) I like the extended but it is more weight but not much you won’t notice I’m sure. But I keep my car cover and laptop and jacket and a little tool bag behind me most of the time

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
We have the extended and installed sliders on the seats. We find ourselves moving the seats forward due to the type of seats that we have, they tend to lift you knees up thus shortening your legs. I do like the idea of the room behind the seat and we plan to make something to attach back there to secure items.

Dre

I’m 6’ 1” and I got the extended I have to put my seat all the way foward (which means more room for stuff behind the seats) I like the extended but it is more weight but not much you won’t notice I’m sure. But I keep my car cover and laptop and jacket and a little tool bag behind me most of the time
What length car cover did you get?