F1 Texas

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Anyone else coming to the F1 race this year? Might be fun to try and make a Goblin meet up happen that weekend. October weather can be unpredictable but it hasn’t rained for a race here so far.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
We have a few more Texas goblins than we did last year so I’ll try and put something together.

RouteAbel

I'll be at the race. The clock will be ticking to see if I have a drive-able goblin by that point.

RouteAbel

If you need any help let me know. I’m currently building two other goblins as well as mine haha.
I will definitely take you up on your offer. I've read your threads and being in Cedar Park am hopeful I might get to meet you at some point.

Christopher Sanchez

Any plans on a meet up or drive set in stone for F1 weekend??. I will be going up likely Friday night possibly early Saturday, we are staying in Georgetown and planned on driving the goblin to the track from there on race day which is a decent drive but will gladly partake in another cruise.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I’m still down. The issue is I really can’t organize it, way too much going on and my wife is due the following week, so I don’t want to do a bunch of planning and then not be able to go at the last minute.

I’m pretty familiar with the routes around. Depends on who wants to go and for how long.

I typically don’t attend practice or qualifying. Ill be at the race though. Between paying for parking and waiting forever to get in and out I don’t recommend driving to the track.

Christopher Sanchez

I Figured as much about the traffic and headache coming and going from the track. It’s just easier to drive, parking is already paid and since we are staying in Georgetown it make the most sense. One factor I didnt think of, are Texas goblins legal at this point? Are you guys registered or have to get them re registered? I will keep my eye on this thread for possible meet.

Anyone else coming to the F1 race this year? Might be fun to try and make a Goblin meet up happen that weekend. October weather can be unpredictable but it hasn’t rained for a race here so far.
I'll be at the 2020 race this year. Be cool if some folks hooked up.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Might make it this year, but will defiantly will be at Motogp that’s scheduled for November (postponed from April).

RouteAbel

It depends on Covid-19 for me. No way to avoid crowds out there so I will have to see when things get closer.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I was supposed to be doing a track day at cota today, but it was canceled because of the beer flu. :(

That stinks. There some place just south of fort Worth that has a couple of tracks for you to take your car on. I think for the whole day they charge a hundred bucks

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I run bikes.;) I won’t be able to run a car until the goblin is built, but planning on running it. :cool: I have run MSR Cresson and Eagles Canyon up in the Ft Worth area, those are fun. I loved Texas World Speedway, but it’s closed now. :confused: I’m planning on racing at MSR Houston next month, unless they shut things down again.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I run bikes.;) I won’t be able to run a car until the goblin is built, but planning on running it. :cool: I have run MSR Cresson and Eagles Canyon up in the Ft Worth area, those are fun. I loved Texas World Speedway, but it’s closed now. :confused: I’m planning on racing at MSR Houston next month, unless they shut things down again.
My son is in the pit crew at MSR today with some guys in the Miata group. So, at least it is open this weekend!

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I also want to run MSR Houston. My sister lives in the area so I’d probably come up the evening before.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I also want to run MSR Houston. My sister lives in the area so I’d probably come up the evening before.
Justin: We need to contact Bill over at Driveway Austin and schedule a Goblin day there for a few hours. That would be cool. :cool:

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I’m sure they’d go for it. Bill got in and drove mine last time! I wonder what the cost would be to rent it on an off day?