F35 transmission rebuild cost

David

So there is a 2009 ss/tc in pretty good shape the engine was rebuild and has only 58,000 miles and has a couple extra aftermarket parts the only problem i see is that the transmission grinds when you shift it to 2nd so not sure whatt it can be my guess is something like a synchronizer but I want to think what can be the worst that I have to rebuild it the problem I see is i read that there are not a lot of people who work on the lsd f35 ao my question is who do you guys know of who works on them ,and also more or less how much it will run

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Since the engine will be out of the car when stripping it for a donor, getting the manual gearbox off is very easy at that point. That's the worst part of the job. Taking it in and getting it rebuilt shouldn't be too bad at that point. I've talked to our local transmission expert about possibly checking mine out since it's out of the car. He said that if I'm not having an issue, not to worry about it. I am replacing the clutch assembly and flywheel.

Bottom line, my opinion, it wouldn't be terribly costly to do since it's out of the car. Gearboxes are pretty simple. If the price for the car is right and it's a good bargaining tool, I'd go for it. You might make a quick call to whomever you might take it to first to make sure they will work on it.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
After reading the Cobalt SS forums, It seems the F35 rebuild can run 750-4000$ the higher ends being built trannys for dragging.

Nuker-

David

I'm going to find a shop near me and call them up to see if they would tackle it and more or less how much before I buy the car