(SOLD)300HP FINISHED TURBO GOBLIN FOR SALE!!! $17k!!

RichRich

We have greatly lowered our price to $17,000 we have way over than that into it. The ONLY reason we're selling it so cheap is we moved back to Alaska and are buying a house. This is a beautiful car with no expense spared. It is tuned by ZZPerformance at 300 horsepower, about 18-20 psi of boost. It is absolutely crazy fast and should not be driven by a novice driver!!

I have a huge mechanical background so rest assured this build was done perfectly. It is licensed and titled in Arizona and the title can easily be transferred to another state.

Built from an 09 turbo SS,
Limited slip Differential,
Solid engine mounts
ZZPerformance tuned
GM Stage 2 sensors
Cruise control (needs 3rd brake light hooked up, wires all ran and ready)
DF Dash buttons
New spark plugs,
New hubs,
New CV axles
New battery,

Wrap can be removed prior to shipping if you prefer and will look like the 2nd picture. The powder coat is a black base with a purple dusting. Looks blacker in low light

Starts and runs perfect with absolutely no mechanical issues of any kind. (For more info or the complete documentation of the build CLICK HERE)

It is currently located in Mesa, Arizona
I can be reached through a personal message on here or Text/Call my cell (623)200-9014
20190325_182926.jpg

20180529_185702.jpg

20190325_181820.jpg
20190325_181622.jpg

20190325_181849.jpg

color.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Brian74

Goblin Guru
That’s a bummer you are selling it.

I’ve ridden in it a few times and looked the car over thoroughly. I can vouch that it is a good clean build.

RichRich

Thanks man, and really appreciate you helping out with your electrical expertise but we are honestly bummed too. It was a hard decision and regardless how long me and my wife thought about it the fact still remained that we have to make a few sacrifices in order to make this move.

Believe me, I wouldn't be selling it if circumstances were different because it is an absolute blast to drive, and crazy fast. I still think my kids are going to have a fit when they find out. I just know my wife and family has had enough of the Arizona heat. I think our next move is Texas but will spend the summer in Alaska (our home state) with our family

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Rich, I am new to the DFG forum and jus found that you will be selling your Goblin. I cannot imagine the feeling of having to sell this car that you have put your heart and soul (and hard earned cash) into after just completing in a few months ago (I've read through the forum and saw your build).

I was going to contact you to see if I could get the chance to sit in it to see if I can fit in the standard track frame. I am a pretty good sized person - 6'3" 270 lbs - and was wanting to know if I would need to get the extended frame. I am on the fence to decide if a city or track frame would best suit my needs at this point, I would like to hear from you and Brian74 what your thoughts are on the advantages or disadvantages.

I will not have the chance to get to Texas in the near future to visit Adam, Lonny and the rest of the DFG crew to see what fits, so I was hoping to get in contact with someone here in the Phoenix area to 'try one on'. I live in the SW valley - Laveen - not far from Vee Queva, so if you happen to be out cruising one last time, please let me know and we could meet for few minutes - if this is possible.

Thanks and best regards, Tim

RichRich

I am always willing to help out a potential builder, I remember being in the exact same dilemma when planning my build. I would strongly recommend the extended frame. I am 5'9" 200lbs and I fit perfectly. I met with a potential buyer that was 6'4 and yes he could get in it but it wasn't ideal. My advice....get the extended frame without a doubt. Is Laveen kinda south west of phoenix? never been there.

Last edited:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Thanks for the advice on the extended frame, next decision is the city versus track frame. I fully understand the reasoning behind having the track frame for extra safety and rigidity, just not sure of my ability to climb into and especially out of the car. I have already contemplated putting a quick release on the steering wheel to get it out of the way (and a passive security device - no wheel, no drive away to steal).

Laveen is in the close-in SW corner of the valley, up against the south mountains and right off the Gila Reservation on the west end of the park. Mostly farms, but subdivisions are starting to take over and with the 202 extension being completed it will be overflowing in no time - once people discover Laveen is less than 10 miles away from and easy access to downtown.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Dont want to derail this thread but I went tack, standard, 5'9" 195. I have to go in from the top and I am limber/flexible. The steering wheel is just in the way for me and I find it easier to go through the hoop. Adding a removable steering wheel.....

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I’m only 5’8 but in hindsight I would have gone extended for the extra room behind the seats and additional wheelbase. I went city frame but that all really comes down to personal preference. The track frame has its advantages being safety and somewhere to mount a rear view, but I prefer the overall look and ease of entry of the city.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Brian,
Do you feel safe enough in the city frame? I like the idea of an unobstructed view with no A pillar, but I will be driving in some city traffic around Phoenix and am leaning toward the track frame just from that aspect.
IDRVSLO,
Thanks for the reply. Not sure I am agile enough to drop in from the top as you do, but this is something to consider in my decision. BTW, I trolled through your build log last night, very detailed and informative.
Thanks, Tim

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I’m only 5’8 but in hindsight I would have gone extended for the extra room behind the seats and additional wheelbase. I went city frame but that all really comes down to personal preference. The track frame has its advantages being safety and somewhere to mount a rear view, but I prefer the overall look and ease of entry of the city.
I am 5'11" and could not agree more with Brian. If I was to do it over it would be extended, but still city.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
BUY THIS CAR!!!
I met with Rich today to have a look at his Goblin, take some photos and discuss his build. I was absolutely impressed with his car and knowledge of his build - his car is fantastic. We went for a ride and I have to say his car tracks straight and true, handles incredibly and will shove your eyeballs out of the back of your head if you push the pedal to the floor. Anyone looking for a first class car, this is the one - I believe his asking price is too low for what he has built. And the purple paint really pops in the sun. I would buy it if it was the extended frame (I don't fit behind the wheel, just barely fit into the passenger seat at 6'3" 275lbs. I will be buying an extended frame) Give Rich a call and buy this car!

Last edited:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Any hits on your car yet? Just an idea, the Falcon Field Fly-In is coming up on March 16 and it includes a car show. I'm sure having your Goblin there with a for sale sign would generate a lot of interest, since the aviation crowd loves toys they can tinker with and work on themselves. What better example than a Goblin.

RichRich

No serious buyers yet, its all good though. We still have a few months till we are moving so I will just get to enjoy it till then lol. Ive thought about putting a for sale sign on it, it is rare if I take it out and don't have at least 1 person ask me about it.

QuantumFluxuation

No serious buyers yet, its all good though. We still have a few months till we are moving so I will just get to enjoy it till then lol. Ive thought about putting a for sale sign on it, it is rare if I take it out and don't have at least 1 person ask me about it.
I'm trying to convince the gf she needs this. Purple is even her favorite color!

RichRich

Can always have another wrap put on it after. If I end up taking it when we move I will wrap it again. I like the purple theme but it needs a little more black to tone the purple down a tad. Where do you guys live?

QuantumFluxuation

Can always have another wrap put on it after. If I end up taking it when we move I will wrap it again. I like the purple theme but it needs a little more black to tone the purple down a tad. Where do you guys live?
Up here in Indiana. I understand what you mean about a little more black but she loves the color.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Arizona is nice this time of year - cactus league baseball spring training is in full swing and warm weather, perfect for driving around with no top (on the car). Come on down, enjoy a few days away from the cold and snow and stop in to see Rich for a Goblin drive. You will be leaving with a new purple car because one ride and you will be hooked.

Sean

I wouldn't have thought to take into consideration height. I'm 6' 2" and about 190lbs would that create issues or uncomfort when driving the smaller framed Goblin? I have some interest in your Goblin. Would you post more pictures?

Last edited: