Floor Pan

ttyler333

I am interested in building a Goblin but I am curious how thick the floor pan is. I am a bigger guy and I'd hate to accidently bend my floor pan.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
The floor pan itself is just sheet metal. It's not very thick at all. There is a piece of flat bar that goes underneath for more strength. There is a lot of debate on if strengthing it up is really necessary.

Last edited:

askiles

Goblin Guru
I believe the floor is 18Ga aluminum. Super thin. When I put my floor in, I also added a 1/8" SS floor over that in the sections that you step on, just to help beef it up a bit. Most people say they don't have any issues with the floor just the way that DF designed it. I just felt like going above and beyond.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
We also have become accustomed to not stepping on the floor when getting in. We found it easier put the first leg in and just rest it on the floor while holding our body up by the seat and side bar and lowering down into the seat. This may not be possible with the frames without the easy entry.

ttyler333

Thanks for the replies. I think I would still reinforce just in case. Better to "do it right" than to break it...

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Welcome to the forum and ask away with any questions you may have, the answers are all here, since at least one Goblin builder has most likely encountered the subject of your question. You will find that information is easily shared and quickly forthcoming. The Goblin family is a great one to belong to! :D

Last edited:

BAR-AIR

Careful with the auto parts spray on rhino coat. Gas will melt into it. Not even close to the stuff the professional bed guys use...