Front end rebound

Lethalcast

When im driving on roads that have a lot of small bumps almost like veining, the front end floats across it and can go side to side a little. If i turn down the shocks it feels like i need more compression. I also have one of my shocks that looks like its leaking a small amount of oil because there is build up on the knob. What i was wondering is if the qa1 shocks with independant compression and rebound would be a good option or different springs and or going dual rate.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
What do you have them set at currently? Leaking is not good at all, they shouldn't be leaking.

You might need less compression damping to allow the tires to track the road more.

I've found ours is actually bouncing back up off of the road and losing contact. I believe we need more damping because the tire is hitting a bump and bouncing up.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I just checked out (we have not adjusted them since installing them) and found the were set to 18 out! I adjusted them to 7 out.

Lethalcast

O wow ya thats rock solid. I have mine set at 7 or 8 i think. When i get home ill check. Ya its not good haha, the knob is covered in a little build up so i can only think that its leaking since the other one is dry and clean.

George

Goblin Guru
Eliminate bump steer and it will not dart side to side over rough roads.

Brad

Last edited: