Front license plate mount?

Nilbog

Trying to find a good place to mount the front license plate (yes, required where i live :( ). Anyone have any good examples of how they've mounted their front plates with the DF hood in place?

ncgoblin

You would almost need a mount that would clip onto the hood mount that attaches to the radiator support. Maybe someone with a 3D printer can chime in. I am installing my hood tonight and may have a better idea.

Nilbog

Thanks for the response, yeah it was apparent after i installed my hood it would need to be custom to get a plate mounted somewhere. Right now my plan is to mount it to the front bumper... have bumpers on order with Adam.

ncgoblin

Thanks for the response, yeah it was apparent after i installed my hood it would need to be custom to get a plate mounted somewhere. Right now my plan is to mount it to the front bumper... have bumpers on order with Adam.
Oh in that case it will be much easier. I bet if you post dimensions for bumper pipe someone can 3D print a mount.

Nilbog

Id assume i'll be pulled over if i dont have bumpers (among other reasons) but we'll find out in the spring. Who knows...