Front lower transmission mount doesn't line up to the 05 SS/SC subframe. What do I do?

Swift06

This is the last mount. The top two and rear lower mount all lined up perfectly. This is a stock mount, so that must mean my upper mounts are welded a little too low, right?

Attachments

Bretter

This is the last mount. The top two and rear lower mount all lined up perfectly. This is a stock mount, so that must mean my upper mounts are welded a little too low, right?
Ours was almost the same. The natural position of the rubber dampener was about 3/4 of a bolt diameter off. Had to use a screwdriver from the nut side to pull it a bit and then line the bolt up to push through. It was a tight fit but is in there.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
We fought ours also. I could tell even in the when it was in the donor car, they did not line up well and the bolt was mounted all the way to the one side.

Try loosening all the engine mounts to get the bolt in and then tighten all of them back down. We wrestled with ours for almost two hours before we got it all lined up and mounted.

Swift06

Okay, I got it. I actually did it the opposite way: I put the subframe bolt in first, pried the mount and installed the upper bolt, then REALLY pried on it and installed the lower bolt. I'm by myself tonight and I had to push the prybar with my foot and then blindly finger tighten the bolt, but I got it. I couldn't seem to get enough leverage in the right direction doing the subframe bolt last. It wasn't so bad, probably took 20 minutes.

Thanks a ton for the idea!

SliderR1

Just did this on mine today. I had to loosen all the subframe bolts to get the front and rear subframe to engine mount bolts to line up.

RichRich

Yes as SliderR1 said, in the future when you install the solid mounts just bolt it to the engine first but don't snug them, loosen your subframe bolts and lower it down till it easily bolts up to the engine mount then re-tighten the subframe and torque all mounting bolts. Very very easy with no prying