Front Radiator Tubes

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
20171204_085051.jpg

The video is of a very old design, yours should look like this. It has a removable front section that can be replaced if you hit something.

jirwin

Goblin Guru
Thanks Lonnie. I wondered if it was a revision or something. I assume this kinda changes how the front formed hoses are mounted?

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Video was spot on except for the frame change. If your building an ss/sc consider mounting your heat exchanger before your radiator it was sorta difficult to work around.

jirwin

Goblin Guru
Video was spot on except for the frame change. If your building an ss/sc consider mounting your heat exchanger before your radiator it was sorta difficult to work around.
Mine is N/A, so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm genuinely confused though. Here is what I am working with...

These are the hoses I have available:

I tried running the 1st hose from the top of the radiator to the drivers side frame rail and it just looks wrong:

That basically leaves me with the ~ 30 degree bend (2nd in first picture) for the passengers side, but that looks wrong too. For one is doesn't match the video (1 bend vs 2), but it also looks like it will kink. I miiiiight be able to get that one to work though.

Just playing around with it logically, using the double elbow (first in first picture) to go from the bottom to the passenger's side makes sense:

But then I really don't know how I would get from the top to the passenger's side. I can use that third funky looking elbow to get around the brake likes and such, but it would require an acute 60 degree bend to get into the passenger frame rail:

I'm very confused to say the least.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I used two of the top hoses Dayco 71796 in your first picture. used them for top and bottom hoses in the front. I did the reverse flow on my car. Hot water in the top of radiator cold out of the bottom. So even if I get a air pocket I still have coolant flow. 600+ miles no issues.

This is how I have mine set up Tony had better pictures http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/tonys-city-goblin-2010-ss-tc.232/post-11574

Last edited:

jirwin

Goblin Guru
I used two of the top hoses Dayco 71796 in your first picture. used them for top and bottom hoses in the front. I did the reverse flow on my car. Hot water in the top of radiator cold out of the bottom. So even if I get a air pocket I still have coolant flow. 600+ miles no issues.
Which side of the car is hot and which is cold?

jirwin

Goblin Guru
I owe ya one @Karter2026 . That worked perfectly. I couldn't find the exact hose, but I found one that was basically identical but 2 inches longer. Used that one on the bottom and the 71796 from top to passenger side.