Fuel Line and Filter

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I realize that I cut the two fuel lines from the pump to the filter at the filter. I no long have the fittings for the filter. Looking for ideas on how to remedy that without buying a new pump. Would it be safe to hose clamp a hose to the smooth hose barb of the filter? I was also thinking about using a brass barb in the hard plastic line of the pump if I can find a size that fits tight.

I assume the filter has a pressure regulator with bypass in it and is an integral part of the system and cannot be substituted.

Any ideas?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I could use two of these to convert to 6AN. But still have to convert hard plastic to 6AN on the other end.

fitting.png

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Adam has those elbows that you cut off why not just heat the hard lines and put the push lock fittings back in?

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
I realize that I cut the two fuel lines from the pump to the filter at the filter. I no long have the fittings for the filter. Looking for ideas on how to remedy that without buying a new pump. Would it be safe to hose clamp a hose to the smooth hose barb of the filter? I was also thinking about using a brass barb in the hard plastic line of the pump if I can find a size that fits tight.

I assume the filter has a pressure regulator with bypass in it and is an integral part of the system and cannot be substituted.

Any ideas?

Bring your fuel pump when you come down to the shop this week and we'll figure out something.

KJP

Parts stores sell fuel line repair kits you could use if you havent already figured this out.