Fuel Line

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Does anyone have picture of the routing for the fuel line and what components are used to accomplish it?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
There are a couple of different set ups. I believe I listed all of the components I used on my set up on the first build log. I went a littl fancier than most.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I wasn't aware of this at the time, but there is no filter that you need to install. It's inside the fuel pump. The only thing you really need to do is run a line directly from your fuel pump and up to the stainless line on your intake manifold. I decided to go with braided fuel line from Russell Performance. You'll need two of their -6 AN SAE Quick Disconnect fittings, two -6 AN style hose ends, and a few feet of hose. That will run you probably $100 or so.

http://www.russellperformance.com/mc/adapter-fittings/specialty-fuel-injected.shtml

There are other options, but it's up to you. Obviously the components will be different depending on the route you go.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
There are a couple of different set ups. I believe I listed all of the components I used on my set up on the first build log. I went a littl fancier than most.
I’m looking for the post. I thought I put it in our build by must not have. I’ll keep looking.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I actually used the threaded cap quick disconnect on my intake manifold fuel line, but I'm fairly certain the regular push on connector will work. I think they're the same style connector with just different ways of securing to the line so they don't pull off.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
If I’m not mistaken, the fuel filter on my donor is the pressure regulator and has a return line for the excess fuel. So it is needed. Not all models will be the same.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
If I’m not mistaken, the fuel filter on my donor is the pressure regulator and has a return line for the excess fuel. So it is needed. Not all models will be the same.
The TC model doesnt have the inline filter. So my route goes right from the pump, straight into the engine.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Also, you might have fitment issues getting the quick connect to fit on the fuel pump. The stub that sticks out of the pump is just a hair too short and it might not allow the fitting to fully seat and lock on.

I ended up having to shave down the plastic portion on the quick disconnect fitting to make it thinner so that it would seat on the pump. Makes it harder to take off, but not too bad.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Also, you might have fitment issues getting the quick connect to fit on the fuel pump. The stub that sticks out of the pump is just a hair too short and it might not allow the fitting to fully seat and lock on.

I ended up having to shave down the plastic portion on the quick disconnect fitting to make it thinner so that it would seat on the pump. Makes it harder to take off, but not too bad.
Good to be aware of, thanks.

Ross

Goblin Guru
What is this line suppose to attach to? The fuel tank somehow?
There are 2 steel lines running under the "ECOTEC Supercharged" cover, one is the fuel line from the filter, the other has a hose attached, which is labelled ENG on the engine side, and after looping through my hand, is labelled TNK on the other side.
What about the valve cover crank case vent line? Should I just put an air filter on it, or a oil catch can?

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Overflow coolant tank is where the one goes to. Small connector on top part of tank.

I will use the mini air filter on the crank case vent. I think it is a cleaner look.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Jeff is correct, the TNK side goes to the coolant tank.

There are two schools of thought on the breather. I used a filter for a cleaner look and not too worried about venting to atmosphere. However some believe you should be sucking all the air out using the vacuum of the intake so as not to cause any pressure build up in the crank.