Full race DF Kit Car

KLMOTORSPORTS

Looking to build a “full race” (not street legal) DF Kit Car, mainly for SCCA Autocross, with a supercharged LSJ engine The question I have is concerning the engine wiring and air/fuel management. If I run the stock LSJ engine for now, all I should need from the donor is the engine wiring harness with the PCM correct? Electrically wise on the rest of the car, I won’t be running any other stock Cobalt electrical items (rest will be aftermarket stuff)

Thanks for your inputs!

Ken Leiker

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
There are other electrical items you will need such beyond just the computer systems but the videos will cover what is removed and what is kept. If your car will never be on the street you can pull out even more from the harness.

KLMOTORSPORTS

Brad...will have to research the Solo rules and see which class the car would fit... Believe one of the Modified classes, but not 100% sure...

George

Goblin Guru
I am not very up on the rules. My first couple of times they said EXP. Later was told to switch to A Mod. Reason stated was no fenders and the fact it was supercharged.
I am not a good driver so it has way more power tHan is needed.

Brad

KLMOTORSPORTS

I’m not either, but getting familiar with the rules will be a winter project for me...I was wondering how the power would be as well. Thought it may be a bit much especially with the weight of the car...should be fun!

Ken

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I’m not either, but getting familiar with the rules will be a winter project for me...I was wondering how the power would be as well. Thought it may be a bit much especially with the weight of the car...should be fun!

Ken
Can never have enough! Very good manageable power. Even if not, it can be softened by changing the torque management using HP Tuners.