Fuse Box Mount

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
How do you mount the fuse box with the new style transmission mount? The mounting plate is more towards the center of the car than it used to be so the the fuse box bolt hole isn't even close.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I drilled a custom hole and welded a tab on the frame. You can just drill a custom hole for the bottom one and clamp to the frame on the top mount.

Andy

Yeah I did are same but put a spacer there to get it off of the radiator hose, not much room on the SC engine.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I saw that on your build, Andy. I wish I would have done that now but I can't move it because I welded a tab on the upper tube. I guess I could put a spacer on both.???? I was just able to get everything packed in there tonight as it is.

DanPerryy

I raised my fuse box about 2" using a space between it and the top of the left engine mount. then I mas a little l bracket and attached it to the side of the FB and a clamp to the frame. It made it a whole lot easier to run the hoses under the FB.

Bretter

Yeah I did are same but put a spacer there to get it off of the radiator hose, not much room on the SC engine.
Andy, I have looked around the forum and can't find a picture of what you did for your mounting your fuse box. Can you please point me to one or take a picture and post?
Thanks!

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Andy, I have looked around the forum and can't find a picture of what you did for your mounting your fuse box. Can you please point me to one or take a picture and post?
Thanks!
I used a piece of 1/8" steel flat stock. About 2" wide. 4"-5" long. Drilled a hole in the upper motor mount plate to attach the plate.
I saw a few that added a spacer to raise it about an inch which I think I will do also to get some more room underneath the fuse box.
1528331779211989738904461079719.jpg

dperkins

I did a spacer made out of aluminum like waterdriver. I didn't like the stiffness of the supplied way to mount so I made a custom mount out of more aluminum.
IMG_4606.JPG

I think everyone should do this. It makes the box so much stiffer and more secure.