G2 Caliper Paint

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Just spent part of the day applying the G2 caliper paint. I can't say that I would do it again and I can't say that I would recommend it. It basically is tinted epoxy. The first coat barely covered with just a slight tint of paint. It fish-eyed so bad that it was just blobs of paint here and there. The directions states that it will do this. It also takes so long to flash that it runs no matter how careful you are about applying it. It might be that the room was 60 degrees but that is right in the middle of the range in the directions (50-70). I ended up putting on no less than four coats. By the final coat it was mostly covered but some of the high edge spots still had the paint run down off of them. I have a ton of runs in it. The one thing that did surprise me is that I had more than enough paint. I thought for sure that I would have to use every last drop.

I hope others had better luck with it. At best it puts color on the calipers and coats them from rusting. I should have just used a high temp paint.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I used the POR15 caliper paint. Tried brushing at first runs bad coverge was the result. I have used POR15 before and the spec sheet said you could reduce it and spray it. I called the 800 number and confirmed that I could do that. They turned out good and plenty of paint left for the front calipers when they show up with the kit. The price was better also.
20171112_122022.jpg

BAR-AIR

Bought a set of powder coated calipers for Nate’s car. He ended up scuffing them up and painting them with hi temp caliper paint. He did not care for the red calipers so he painted them flat black.

KJP

I will be powder coating mine here shortly just waiting for my powder to come in.

Johvans

I hope others had better luck with it. At best it puts color on the calipers and coats them from rusting. I should have just used a high temp paint.
I went through the same thing. I ended up having Detective Coating powdercoat mine they looked so bad.

John

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I did the G2 also, it took 3 rounds on each brake to get it to look good. I need to clean them and do a touch-up coat again.

Nuker-