Getting title from Copart?

Jbthomp

What is everyone’s experience with getting the title for the donor car from Copart? I bought a car about a month ago and when the driver went to pick it up the yard didn’t have the title. I figured they would send it to me but I haven’t seen it yet. I assume I would need the title from the donor car to get the kit car registered.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Received mine with delivery no problem.

Whether or not you need it totally depends on the state. You don’t need the donor title here in Texas but then again you can’t register a goblin here anymore anyway so who knows.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Driver had my title in an envelope that he delivered with the car. Bought the car in El Paso and it was delivered to Phoenix. I would get on the phone with the CoPart location you bought the car from and request them to overnight the title to you.

baustin

Auction was on 5/1. Because of it being in South Carolina, I had to go through a broker to buy. Car was delivered to my driveway on 5/4 by a transport company coordinated by my broker. I received the title through FedEx delivery on 5/9, and it went from Copart in SC to the broker in FL (I'm assuming they didn't have someone in SC running paperwork) and then to my door during that time. Surprisingly quick.