Gilbert goblin in process

Amack1970

I didn't figure it would cause a huge issue. I just wanted what I can get on the car, the the floor space cleared for the motor and trans. So I'm not to worried

Amack1970

We'd planned to pull the cobalt apart today at my shop. Unfortunately one of my techs ate it on his mountian bike and blew up his wrist. Another one had some family thing, so we called it. No progress made. Just hanging out in the garage

Attachments

Christopher Sanchez

We'd planned to pull the cobalt apart today at my shop. Unfortunately one of my techs ate it on his mountian bike and blew up his wrist. Another one had some family thing, so we called it. No progress made. Just hanging out in the garage
I cannot wait to see how this one turns out! I am surprised on how much i like the white frame. You guys will get that donor torn apart quick! It took me 2 long nights to get mine torn down.

Amack1970

Finally, today I got a couple hours to work on tearing down my cobalt. Its officially no longer road worthy. The insurance is turned off, license plate registration is getting refunded. It's on! I didn't really follow the goblin videos, but got alot done. The harness is removed all the way from the back of the car to the dash. Fuel filler is out, shifter assembly and 90% of the dash and pedals are out. Next week I'll pull the engine and trans with the suspension all as one assembly. Then the rest of the harness will come out. I bought a label maker awhile ago for this tear down. I like having all the plugs labeled. Still not sure if I'm going to tackle this part of the build, or if I'll send it out to the df guys?? It was refreshing to get back to this project!

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Finally, today I got a couple hours to work on tearing down my cobalt. Its officially no longer road worthy. The insurance is turned off, license plate registration is getting refunded. It's on! I didn't really follow the goblin videos, but got alot done. The harness is removed all the way from the back of the car to the dash. Fuel filler is out, shifter assembly and 90% of the dash and pedals are out. Next week I'll pull the engine and trans with the suspension all as one assembly. Then the rest of the harness will come out. I bought a label maker awhile ago for this tear down. I like having all the plugs labeled. Still not sure if I'm going to tackle this part of the build, or if I'll send it out to the df guys?? It was refreshing to get back to this project!
Anthony,
Good move on the label maker. Has already been helpful with my teardown and organizing my donor parts before I start the harness mods.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Did I hear you placed your goblin order?
Yes I did, chassis #155. Looks like end of June/beginning of July when it will be ready. I did order the F40 modification for the frame, adding some $$ to the total, but will be worth the extra cost for my requirements.

I really like how the white frame on your build, makes total sense out here in the sunshine if you put your arm on the top bar. Anything other than white will be hot enough to leave a mark if you have it parked in the sun for any length of time. May go with white myself, but still contemplating color combinations.

Amack1970

Yes I did, chassis #155. Looks like end of June/beginning of July when it will be ready. I did order the F40 modification for the frame, adding some $$ to the total, but will be worth the extra cost for my requirements.

I really like how the white frame on your build, makes total sense out here in the sunshine if you put your arm on the top bar. Anything other than white will be hot enough to leave a mark if you have it parked in the sun for any length of time. May go with white myself, but still contemplating color combinations.
The only think I haven't liked about the white is it's really finicky. If something rubs against it you have to compound it off. It's a little more maintenance then I thought it would be. But I agree, lighter color the better. Have you seen the light gray Porsche came out with in the last year or so? It's kinda a primer grey with a gloss finish? Check that out

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
The light grey frame color with white bodywork and red/black accent colors is an appealing color combo that I was also thinking about. The grey and white will 'blend in' enough with the majority of the valley's vehicles, but still be flashy enough that I can be seen by larger vehicles - basically everything else on the road. What color will your body work be?