Goblin vs GTR?

This guy, Matt, is the reason I got so hooked on the Goblin. He's recently posted a lot of videos in the past week of him driving his around.

Need to build my garage and then the Goblin project will begin. Can't wait!

David

He needs to put a line lock so he can light them up and get more traction that's my plan when I get to that point in the build but that a bad ass goblin

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
He's also going to be the reason things are going to get really busy around the shop and we will have longer wait times. Admittedly, he is the reason I am here and so will many others. I'm not trying to knock anyone or the guys at the shop, but the truth is as they get more orders in and have to ramp up, it's going to take a toll on the wait times for each stage.

David

Yep your right I think I'm going to have to place my order know before I even find my donor just so I can be in the waiting list,the guys at the shop might have to get some back up so they can produce the kits a little quicker with the same quality

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Yep your right I think I'm going to have to place my order know before I even find my donor just so I can be in the waiting list,the guys at the shop might have to get some back up so they can produce the kits a little quicker with the same quality
Realistically the wait times for a frame are minimum of over 3 months. One member just received his frame after placing his order in May.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Realistically the wait times for a frame are minimum of over 3 months. One member just received his frame after placing his order in May.
The cars have gotten a lot more attention since I placed my order back in May though, between their feature on The Smoking Tire and Matt's offtheranch vlog. I don't mind the longer lead times if it means I get a quality product with excellent service/support.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
The cars have gotten a lot more attention since I placed my order back in May though, between their feature on The Smoking Tire and Matt's offtheranch vlog. I don't mind the longer lead times if it means I get a quality product with excellent service/support.
Agreed. Certainly not complaining. As I see those videos, it does make it a bit harder to wait. :)

I continue to work on preparing my parts and to some degree the extra time has lessened the pressure to get the donor parts prepared so now I can spend more time on them to make sure everything is clean, painted, repaired and ready to go.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I think Lonny mentioned that part of the deal was for Matt to mention the Goblin in just one of his OffTheRanch videos. It's been how many now? Like a good half dozen or so, and now it's sort of found its way to Roman's channel which has 10x more subscribers.

That kind of advertising is priceless.

Johvans

The guys have a list at the shop that show all the buyers and chassis numbers and when the smoking tire and Demo ranch posted videos. They've definitely picked up. When I picked up all of my stage II parts a few weeks ago they mentioned they were hiring more people. This may help with the lead times.

When I ordered my frame from the second production run (chassis #24) I waited ~3 months. I don't think that's unreasonable for something like this. Your opinion may differ.

John

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I just ordered mine this week for this same reasons. I talked to Adam. They just hired a new welder, which has helped quite a bit. I'm in no hurry. I have a ton of electrical stuff to figure out on my build and finances to come up with for parts in the meantime that will welcome the down time. I could see somebody like Dave Kindig getting involved in one of these down the road.

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
The new welder (Ray) is working part time at the moment while he completes the last of his obligations at his previous job. Even working part time, we can already tell a big difference. For example, his first day he worked here at the shop my dad set him up on welding manual tunnel caps and he welded out 20 of them in one go.

tunnel cap.jpg

Another night he welded up a large batch of formed front shock towers. Yesterday he worked a full day here at the shop and he and my dad were able to weld out a frame on the rotisserie (Leo C's track frame) and got most of the way through another frame on the jig (Andy M's city frame).

two welders on rotisserie.jpg

In the photo below, in front of Andy's frame you can see our new tubing rack. It is divided off to store every unique tube included in chassis construction (minus longer/larger tubes like lower frame rails, main hoops, halos, etc). Next week we plan to receive a big batch of tubing that will be turned into parts to load up the tubing rack.

andy m on frame jig.jpg

About two weeks ago we lost power for 4 days. We were able to make the best of this down time by stringing extension cords from other buildings to prepare boards for 10 crates. Having all of the wood chopped up and ready to go will help us get kits shipped quicker.

wood for crates.jpg

We used two sets of the crate materials to build Waterdriver and K.Rollin's crates to send their stage 1 kits to the Tacoma YRC terminal.

CJ and Karl crates.jpg

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Thanks for the updates Adam! That was very interesting to see and learn a little more about what goes on behind the scene!

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I could tell he was a big help when I saw Lonny playing the air drums the other day and sipping on a mystery can.

Thanks for the update.