Hello fellow Goblin owners

Jimlup

My name is Jim and I've been interested in a Goblin for years now but for one reason or another I've been holding off from buying one till now. I have brother who lives in Arlington Texas and on my last visit a few weeks ago I stopped in Red Oak to see Adam and Lonny and put a deposit down on 2 Goblins, one for me and one for a buddy of mine. It was great to meet with Adam and Lonny and see there facility where they manufacture the Goblin's. What an impressive shop! So organized and clean, everything marked and labeled in there bins. It's great to see a father son team like these two. They showed me, my wife and brother around there shop and Lonny's gave us all rides in his Goblin. Made for a great day.

So my plan is to build my buddies Goblin first (this way any screw ups happens to his! LOL!) which he wants to go all out and build the turbo version. For me, I'll have to settle with a manual shift base model or possibly a supercharger version then upgrade to a turbo someday.

We are still in search of donors on Copart and IAA just waiting for the right one to come along. I'm anxious to get started on this build. I'm sure I will be asking for advise and information in the months to come and wanted to interduce myself now that I will be starting my build soon.

Any advice ahead of time would be appricated.

Thanks in advance Jim

BTW I have met Ron (Karter 2026) who is local here to me in Pittsburgh, PA. He has been a big help in ideas and information and on what needs done for legalizing the Goblin here in PA.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
My name is Jim and I've been interested in a Goblin for years now but for one reason or another I've been holding off from buying one till now. I have brother who lives in Arlington Texas and on my last visit a few weeks ago I stopped in Red Oak to see Adam and Lonny and put a deposit down on 2 Goblins, one for me and one for a buddy of mine. It was great to meet with Adam and Lonny and see there facility where they manufacture the Goblin's. What an impressive shop! So organized and clean, everything marked and labeled in there bins. It's great to see a father son team like these two. They showed me, my wife and brother around there shop and Lonny's gave us all rides in his Goblin. Made for a great day.

So my plan is to build my buddies Goblin first (this way any screw ups happens to his! LOL!) which he wants to go all out and build the turbo version. For me, I'll have to settle with a manual shift base model or possibly a supercharger version then upgrade to a turbo someday.

We are still in search of donors on Copart and IAA just waiting for the right one to come along. I'm anxious to get started on this build. I'm sure I will be asking for advise and information in the months to come and wanted to interduce myself now that I will be starting my build soon.

Any advice ahead of time would be appricated.

Thanks in advance Jim

BTW I have met Ron (Karter 2026) who is local here to me in Pittsburgh, PA. He has been a big help in ideas and information and on what needs done for legalizing the Goblin here in PA.
Glad to see you are taking the plunge. It would of been nice to get a ride before buying one. Thanks to Bar-Air (Bruce) I got a short ride and some good advice that I passed on to you. Good Luck! What will your chassis #'s be?

Jimlup

Not sure what the number of these 2 chassis will be. Is it on the invoice?
Suppose to be ready somewhere around the first week in December and I know Lonny was showing me a tag on the frame of another build so I guess that will tell me.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
It will be on your MSO. I don't think the serial number is based on the order it was received. I'm pretty sure it gets assigned one once in the build phase.

Brian74

Goblin Guru
The most stressful part of the build so far for me was finding the donor. Look everywhere; Facebook, craigslist, letgo, offer up, copart, IAII, ect. I almost spent over $3k on a running donor at auction but instead found a local SS for $300. Engine was bad but had the limited slip diff trans and numerous other parts. I used the money I saved to buy a new crate engine.

Spend the few dollars with compnine.com to use their vin decoder so you can determine rpo/what parts & options a prospective donor car has (particularly transmission).

Chilton has a great online OEM repair manual. To access it for free you can usually go through your local library membership or through Military One Source if you are military.

Christopher Sanchez

If you are going to be purchasing an SS model I know that the “performance” package code is G85 basically meaning you will have LSD.. in the supercharge version,cars with recall seats have the G85 package unless installed later.. for my turbo LNF car I found the code in the truck to the left of the spare tire.. after riding in one of the Supercharged versions I almost regretted getting the turbo car, the whine alone is worth it!