Help with these bolt sizes thank you

Motoracer110

Well Im at that point where im pulling off the bad headgasket and need to make a tool run. the first photo is some kind of star Bolt and wondering if anyone knows the size. also picture 2 is a large hex key bolt i need to take off in order to access the timing chain guide bolt. thank you all helps me not buy the wrong tools

Located on the head in timing chain compartment

Not the yellow bolt but the HEX size

thank you all

Motoracer110

Forgot to post this as well off topic

I pull off the timing chain door and I find a big chunk of wood in there WTF!!!!!
Crazy im glad i did this and found out. I wonder how many miles it has been in there

• Haha
Reactions: jpr

Motoracer110

coolant is mixed with the oil so ill be pulling the oil pan and do a full cleaning. who knows i might find a barbie doll in there :rolleyes:

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Well Im at that point where im pulling off the bad headgasket and need to make a tool run. the first photo is some kind of star Bolt and wondering if anyone knows the size. also picture 2 is a large hex key bolt i need to take off in order to access the timing chain guide bolt. thank you all helps me not buy the wrong tools

Located on the head in timing chain compartment
View attachment 8305

Not the yellow bolt but the HEX size
View attachment 8306

thank you all
Hex bolt is 10mm as mentioned in this video:

If you removed the water pump without draining it first, you can easily get coolant in thru the timing area. This is a common mistake (I made it) and that is why there is a drain plug on the bottom of the water pump on the outside.

Motoracer110

Hex bolt is 10mm as mentioned in this video:

If you removed the water pump without draining it first, you can easily get coolant in thru the timing area. This is a common mistake (I made it) and that is why there is a drain plug on the bottom of the water pump on the outside.
Thank you, there seemed to be way more oil,coolant that came out of the engine completely brown (half of a 5 gallon bucket) and when i got the car the coolant was empty. I didnt know why no coolant so i added water and when i started the car it ran terribly and shot the water out of the exhaust. the ignition coil wire going to number 2 cylinder was frayed and the car sounded like only 3 pistons firing i fixed the wire and still only three pistons. found out one of the spark plugs bad no way for spark. would a head gasket cause coolant to mix with oil? hopefully no other damage we will soon see.

Balphamore

Forgot to post this as well off topic

I pull off the timing chain door and I find a big chunk of wood in there WTF!!!!!
Crazy im glad i did this and found out. I wonder how many miles it has been in there
View attachment 8307

View attachment 8308
Well you gotta kinda admit. You can honestly say for the first time. A car has given ya wood. Yes I'll see myself out. Yes I'll exit stage left even..,