Howdy from Colorado!

Motoracer110

Hello guys and gals! I first want to say the community here is way cool! I always had an ariel atom as my dream car until i found the DF Goblin and cant get this thing going fast enough. I will be looking for a donor first before i make the deposit on the kit. For work I am a 3rd generation HVAC tech/nerd and love to tinker with things so being able to build this car will be a dream come true. This project did take some convincing to my wife and i just have to make sure she can still park in one side of the garage so the ok was given :)

I am currently looking for a cobalt ss turbo and if anyone has any leads please let me know. I am signed up with copart and iaai so hopefully i can score a donor car soon. I will get a nice build thread of the process as all of your builds have been great to read.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Great to have you with the team! This will be an interesting journey - I know mine has been so far - and in the end you will have really cool car to play with. Where are you at in Colorado? I spent 4 wonderful years living in the Denver area when I was in the Air Force. Miss it in some ways, especially the skiing. Welcome aboard!

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Welcome to the forum! I can relate with your excitement and enthusiasm. And believe me, you’ll find out there is good reason for it.

While on vacation on Colorado early last year, my son and I could only dream of having the car built and being able to drive it on some of the mountain roads of Colorado. We don’t live there but thought it would be so cool to drive the roads.

You are the only one that I know of in Colorado. There may be others, I just don’t know or remember them.

Good to have you on the forum and look forward to your build!

Motoracer110

Thank you all!!!! I got a donor coming and very excited hopefully its not a bust :cool: I found out the hard way that with a colorado id I am one of only 2 states that am not able to bid on or register at all on IAAI public auctions so they let me know right away and refunded me the $200 sign up fee. I had to get a broker and so far everything has been smooth. When the car comes here ill start the build thread :D

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Details? What donor is it, NA, SC or TC? Manual or Auto? Year? Miles? Driveable or wrecked? Photos?

You will have to start a build thread so you can start recording all of your hard work. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Motoracer110

Unfortunately the listing is gone and don’t have photos. It’s a 2009 manual nf4 2.0l turbo. Mileage is at 120k so When I get the motor out I will get a few things done to it. Damage is to the suspension and listing says motor runs so who knows. Luckily most of the exterior looks great so should make some money back parting it out. It’s amazing how fast auctions go, literally 10 seconds on the block and didn’t know if I won or not for a while

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Sounds like a great donor!

I watched helplessly and remotely as my son bid on our donor. I gave him the warning that he better win the car. I sat and watched the bid war go out of control between him and someone else! Within seconds, the price ran up to almost $3K and I was freaking out as to high he would go and not be able to tell him to pull out! Thankfully it stopped and we won. Now I look back and darn glad we did get it.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Sounds like a good buy, but looking at pictures before bidding is only part of the story. I hope your car is not too badly beat up underneath and it runs as advertised. And yes, auto auctions are very quick, I bid on my car and 30 seconds later I won when no one else bid on Copart.

I know the car I bought (08 SS/TC) was a rearender, but holy cow it pretty much bent everything behind the firewall - and there was minor damage to the front suspension that was not evident from the photos or description. I'm salvaging what I can, but won't have much to resell to recoup my cost for the donor. Hope you have no surprises.