HP Tuner (What do I need)

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
I am totally new to this product. Came from a world of Cobb products. What should I be purchasing? Any advice or insight would be great!

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
You need the MPVI2, two credits, and downloading the VCM suite which includes the scanner and editor. The scanner is for data logging and the editor is for making changes to ECM. The two credits will allow you to do one vehicle. Cost will run you $400.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
You can't really tune the TCs on your own. They are configured to not produce more than 260 HP no matter what. The GM Stage 1 kit removes most of the learn down functionality. It consists of new MAP sensors and a flash.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
You can tweak things. I was referring to performance tunes. I wasn't sure what you meant. I had to tune my air flow because my fuel trims were AFU with the new intake.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Nice, yeah that will be the very first thing I do....gotta are if a real CEL pops up. Also want to put some limits back into 1st.

Brian74

Goblin Guru
You cant tune TCs with HP Tuners??? Uhhhh what?
Tuning the Bosch E69 (TC) is entirely possible, but it is an entirely different system than the Delphi ECM on the SC cars, and much more complex. There are something like 600 different fuel maps. HP Tuners has come a long way with the E69 but there are still comperably more limitations; ie: CEL cannot be deactivated for some codes, VATS cannot be deactivated ect.

RichRich got a canned tune from zzp for his TC and mentioned it was a very noticeable improvement. With the stage 1 map sensors and Opal injectors, I was told to expect just under 300 hp. I’d also recommend detuning 1st gear for drivability.

HP Tuners has a newer version out of their programmer. It is my understanding that the pro version is not available yet.