I think I cut out my master cylinder wire...needed?

ZacMaster

When I was removing my anti skid brake connector, my master cylinder wire also came out. I didn’t remember specifically cutting this out, but I notice that I’m still supposed to have one in the build videos.

Do I need to solder it back in?

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
You don't really need it. Either way the brake light will be on because you removed the EBCM. Up to you really. It shouldn't be too hard to solder it back on if you want.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I had a thought. Might need to have someone confirm on whether or not the driver info display will show that you have low fluid. I know it shows for low coolant. If it does, then I'd solder it back on. Won't affect the light though.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I had a thought. Might need to have someone confirm on whether or not the driver info display will show that you have low fluid. I know it shows for low coolant. If it does, then I'd solder it back on. Won't affect the light though.
The BRAKE light is if there is an issue with the EBCM, and yes it will light all the time either way since it's no longer there. On the DIC (Driver Information Center) it will always say CHECK BRAKE FLUID LEVEL or something like that without that connector. If it were me, I would put it back since it's easy to do and it bugs the hell out of me.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Depending on the donor. I get no brake light unless I pull on the parking brake handle. I wired a switch in to my handle that I built. I cut mine out by mistake and had to go back and solder it in also.