IDRVSLO / TRACK / 08 SS TC **REGISTERED** #105

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
We have always just pushed them on and have had no problem with leaks.
Yep. I had leaks because of how I trimmed the hoses. You CANNOT use wire cutters, scissors, or anything like that. Those things will squash the hose and even if you eyeball them back to round, they'll still probably leak. You have to use a sharp razor blade. Once I figured that out, it's been leak free.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Appreciate the advice everyone.

Does anyone have pictures of the rear brake adapters mounted and then with the calipers on there? My bolts seem a bit tight even after removing all of the powdercoat. I just want to make sure I have them oriented correctly. Probably super obvious once I see it.

Thanks!

The list is short before the first drive!

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Found an answer from the Parking Brake thread I started. Just trying to determine the thread pitch and lenght of this bolt now.

1545073508699.png

Last edited:

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Do you have a picture of the coolant tank mounting and what harware you used? Mine is zip tied to the bracket behind seat but it bothers my OCDness :)
Funny you mentioned mounted with zip ties. So is mine! (Might buy a new resivior tank later)
The clip on the tank was broken from the donor's accident.
To get the tank more level, I used a poly sway bar bushing as a spacer and a bolt and nut from the donor. Not sure what the bolt and nut came from, just rummaged through the boxes of bolts from the donor 'till I found one the right length.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Thx @Waterdriver really need one with just hte bracket, or an angle that shows how it is mounted. I appreciate it though! You up and driving? Inspected?
I'm not ready for inspection yet. I left off at making some drivers seat modifications and installing harnesses when I got sick. Been down about a month.
Hope to get back at it probably after Christmas.

nicholas tiratsuyan

We had to trim the upright with an angle grinder. We also need spacers in order to get the caliper mount to line up with the rotor and new bolts from the hardware store. I will put pictures of ours tomorrow morning.

nicholas tiratsuyan

IMG_0779.JPG
IMG_0784.JPG
IMG_0778.JPG

Here are some pictures of how we did it. we trimmed the upright as well as the bracket. We also needed to trim the brake caliper mount. For a spacer we used a bolt that we drilled the treads off of. A normal spacer should work as well but we had extra bolts to use.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
I was able to bolt them right up without any modification.
If your using the DF supplied calipers, there is a front and rear caliper mounting bracket.
One bracket version has a "tab" on it and one doesnt. I'll have to look when I get home which one goes to the front and rear.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
If your using the DF supplied calipers, there is a front and rear caliper mounting bracket.
One bracket version has a "tab" on it and one doesnt. I'll have to look when I get home which one goes to the front and rear.
These are all DF supplied parts from the parking brake kit.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
The bracket with the shaved tab goes in the back.