IDRVSLO / TRACK / 08 SS TC **REGISTERED** #105

Dre

I wish I saw this before I did my harness. I may still pick some up when I do my dash buttons and lights.

redline

I only used the red and the blue. yo can find kits with only those two colors in them. I used 2 of those packs.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I tried those, but they can leave questionable joints especially if your wiring is corroded. But then again, I have high standards for solder joints. I was trained in the AF with NASA standards.

redline

I tried those, but they can leave questionable joints especially if your wiring is corroded. But then again, I have high standards for solder joints. I was trained in the AF with NASA standards.
I understand, I am an electrical engineer myself, but if you have corroded wire you should clean it regardless of what you use. I have not had any problems with them thus far. We use them a lot on mud buggies that get submerged and so far so good. Guess it is just a matter of what your comfortable with.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
The car is ready to go! One question, for the 08+ TC or heck even the SC folks did you have the fuel filter like the video shows? I crawled up and down the underside of the car and couldnt find it.
IMG_20180822_195532.jpg
IMG_20180822_195604.jpg

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
According to Lonny the TC's have a built in fuel filter that is installed in the fuel pump. No need for an external one. You just need to run a single line from the pump to the inlet on your intake. I did not know this at the time so I installed an additional one. So filtered fuel is filtered for me.

Dre

According to Lonny the TC's have a built in fuel filter that is installed in the fuel pump. No need for an external one. You just need to run a single line from the pump to the inlet on your intake. I did not know this at the time so I installed an additional one. So filtered fuel is filtered for me.
You will have extra clean fuel.

RichRich

yea I'm not running an additional fuel filter, just the one in the pump. I've heard of a couple doing it for piece of mind though. One of those mods that dont cost too much, isn't needed but can still give you peace of mind while driving

Reactions: Dre

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Donor is gone! All parts are sorted and in storage bins. Just starting the cleanup and painting. This week I will also start wiring! Stage 1 should be here around the 10th of September.

Fun stuff!

IMG_20180825_103112.jpg
IMG_20180825_104103.jpg
IMG_20180826_133127.jpg
IMG_20180826_141736.jpg
IMG_20180825_142807.jpg

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Thanks guys, the new pressure washer is working out well. I need to order some good quality satin black paint.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
No update other than Stage 1 was picked up today! Just finalizing PC selection and continuing to clean parts. I am not happy about the hubs and how they cleaned up......I have surface rust, nothing bad, are people just painting over that stuff?

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Grabbing the shipment from an Estes location tomorrow, then dropping off for powder mid next week. I went back and forth on colors for awhile but decided on Illusion Shocker, gonna look pretty crazy!

Reactions: Dre