IDRVSLO / TRACK / 08 SS TC **REGISTERED** #105

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Dale Elliott wanted me to send this to you. He was one of the Lotus 7 drivers from the Spring Meet.

"Car seat fits in a 18inch seat and the little ones get to go along! Eye protection, hats and sun screen added. RX-7 good quick choice too!! "

IMG_20170623_202130667_HDR1-1.JPG
IMG_20170623_202817801_BURST0011.JPG

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Appreciate this, but no way will my wife allow our kid into it. Hes 13 months old, that kid looks like hes 9+ ;)

Jlarson524

The intercooler is mostly complete. I am swapping out the 2.5" inch coupler and pipe from the turbo for 2" piping. The clearance around the coils works but is tight. Also need to trim a bit on couplers and build a bracket for the lower bolt holes.

Once the whole car is together I will come back and build a ducting system for cleaner air.

View attachment 6455View attachment 6456View attachment 6457View attachment 6458View attachment 6459View attachment 6460
how well does this work compared to the componentst (heat exchanger) the kit comes with?

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
@Jlarson524 which lights are you referring to? The new set or the old set?
The A2A works great. I cant comment on how it does compared to the parts that come with the kit as I did not use them.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
For the dominator 2 lights.
I used flat aluminum bar stock. 1 1/4 width, trimmed the ends. Rounded them to match the bottom of the lights. Drilled 3 holes, countersink the center bolt. Used a tapered bolt to attach it to the car.

I removed the insert on the light with those outside mounting points.