IDRVSLO / TRACK / 08 SS TC **REGISTERED** #105

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Well just working through 11 Part 1.......

I am pretty sure i goofed up somewhere along the way......I must have removed the light blue wire from the center brake light. Either I can find out where it comes from or just tap in and add a wire later if I chose to have a third brake light. Either way, whoops.

The second issue is that I could not find a batter voltage connector. This is the Black/Grey/White plug. Did these come on TC cars? Assuming so and also assuming I shouldnt have cut it out.....

Last but not least, the answer might be in the next video or two but are these supposed to still be connected?

42434989_739511006395918_8296727770386399232_n.jpg

This was the one part of the build I knew I would not like...lol. It is nerve racking to cut stuff out.....but I am enjoying getting it all cleaned up and put back together.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru

I am pretty sure i goofed up somewhere along the way......I must have removed the light blue wire from the center brake light. Either I can find out where it comes from or just tap in and add a wire later if I chose to have a third brake light. Either way, whoops.

The second issue is that I could not find a batter voltage connector. This is the Black/Grey/White plug. Did these come on TC cars? Assuming so and also assuming I shouldnt have cut it out.....

Last but not least, the answer might be in the next video or two but are these supposed to still be connected?

View attachment 5369

This was the one part of the build I knew I would not like...lol. It is nerve racking to cut stuff out.....but I am enjoying getting it all cleaned up and put back together.
Do you have a picture of the front of the large connector? Also if you check continuity from the pins to the BCM or ECM I can look it up.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Do you have a picture of the front of the large connector? Also if you check continuity from the pins to the BCM or ECM I can look it up.
Trying to get my wife to take a picture of it.....Im at work. The orange and yellow wires went to the main airbag plug.

ANSWERED: This is the temp sensor connector.

Capture.JPG

Connector.JPG

Last edited:

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru

View attachment 5369

Battery Voltage connector:
1537810454503.png

The large connector looks to be the accelerator pedal connector. Go grab that black pedal plug and see if they connect.

1537810624619.png

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
EDIT: I dont think that is the one that goes to the accelerator pedal, only has 4 wires......2 are left after the airbag was removed.

ANSWERED: This is the temp sensor connector.

EDIT: What does the battery current connector get plugged into on the car?

ANSWERED: TCs do not come with a battery current sensor

Last edited:

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Complete with video 12. I have lost track of hours, sorry guys. I went back and re-pinned the third brake wire and the parking brake wire. Not sure if I need the parking brake wire but doesn't hurt having it ready.

Hoping someone can confirm I have the connectors all intact that I need to move forward.

The loose blue wire is the parking brake wire. REMOVING

The plug with the yellow and green wires is the temps sensor connector. KEEPING THEN COMBINING SOON

I dont know what connector is with the green and black wires. NEED HELP ON THIS ONE

The black wire is the radiator fan wire.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
You don't need the parking brake wire. Some people hung on to it thinking they might be able to finagle things so the brake light on the dash won't come on, but there is more to that light than just the switch.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Don't quote me on this yet since I'm not at home, but I want to say the green/black connector is either your ambient air temp sensor or the coolant tank reservoir.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Don't quote me on this yet since I'm not at home, but I want to say the green/black connector is either your ambient air temp sensor or the coolant tank reservoir.
Just quoted you^^^^^ Appreciate the help Brian, if you beat me to it I will track down my reservoir(hoping I still have it....lol.....I cant picture where it is in the garage right now) and see if it plugs in.