IDRVSLO / TRACK / 08 SS TC **REGISTERED** #105

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Also, I'm assuming you wired them up correctly since I guess the passenger side is working? Red is park, orange is blinker, and green is ground. Also, try hooking the orange and green wires directly up to the battery to see if the bulb is at least good.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
The parking light has power on the driver's side. Both parking and turn signals have power and function correctly on the passenger side. The bulb for the turn signal works on the drivers side.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I would start by checking voltage with your blinker on and go from there. Fortunately, there really isn't much to this circuit so it should be fairly easy to troubleshoot.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
If you want to eliminate your turn signal switch, you can run a wire from the yellow/black pin on the harness side of your turn signal switch and over to a ground location. If it lights up continuously, then it's a switch problem.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I lied. If you do the jumper thing between your yellow/black wire and ground, it will blink and not light up continuously. I tested it on mine.

I'm willing to bet that it's probably your switch. Not having one side work is kind of odd.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Yeah I am just trying to think back to the harness and if there as a chance I cut the wrong wire along the way. I would assume if I did I would have removed it all the way to the headlight harness plug.

@Dre come over and bring your turn signal switch, haha.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
I lied. If you do the jumper thing between your yellow/black wire and ground, it will blink and not light up continuously. I tested it on mine.

I'm willing to bet that it's probably your switch. Not having one side work is kind of odd.
I should wire up the rear and see if the drivers side works......assuming those are on the same circuit?

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Wasn't sure at first, but the front/rear turn signals are two different circuits. The front turn signals run through your fuse box and the rear turn signals come directly from the BCM.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Wasn't sure at first, but the front/rear turn signals are two different circuits. The front turn signals run through your fuse box and the rear turn signals come directly from the BCM.
Do you know the pin readout for the F/L turn signal from the headlight harness at the fusebox? Thinking I could test continuity on that one.(I dont have Chiltons access any longer)

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
The first picture is the white plug, and the circled pin runs directly to your left turn signal bulb. The second picture is the gray plug, and that pin runs to the BCM connector. Both wires are light blue in color.

20181231_150839.jpg
X5.jpg

Christopher Sanchez

One step closer. Had to get it weighed before registering it. I will update everyone on WA process but based on what the Exocet guys do there isn't much to it. Might be done on Wednesday when the DMV opens back up.

1560 minus the side panels, taillights, spoiler and some other small items. My guess will be right at 1600.

View attachment 6681View attachment 6682View attachment 6683View attachment 6684
Man you have been grinding over the holidays! Can’t wait to see your wrap on the car.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Inching closer to completing this and getting road worthy. This week it will be wrap the hood and mount side panels, parking brake, windshield and seat belts. Should have it registered Monday....

@SliderR1 Sliderthanks for the housings, love the taillights!

20190101_131938.jpg
20190101_131755.jpg
20190101_131732.jpg
20190101_131740.jpg
20190101_131722.jpg
20190101_131712.jpg

Nilbog

Went back through your blog and im sure i missed it... would you be willing to post up a picture of your rear tire-to-strut clearance? Also, what strut you ordered?

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Went back through your blog and im sure i missed it... would you be willing to post up a picture of your rear tire-to-strut clearance? Also, what strut you ordered?
I will post a picture with the measurement tonight. I went with the DF supplied coilover.

Lando217

Hey man I just wanted to post that you have written up a amazing build log so far. You have coverEd many aspects of the build in details and have helped me many times so far. Keep up the good job