IDRVSLO / TRACK / 08 SS TC **REGISTERED** #105

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Hey man I just wanted to post that you have written up a amazing build log so far. You have coverEd many aspects of the build in details and have helped me many times so far. Keep up the good job
Thank you! I think asking questions along the way for issues helps everyone out! Glad you have gotten something from it.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
You can see right through the halo/intercooler slot. These sit so low you are looking right something chest level...we will see if the view changes once my wang is installed. Also has just enough convex to take away any blindspot on the passenger side.

Lando217

So it looks like 2/3 are for the Clutch Pedal Position Sensor?

If so you can see I have 2 out of 3 that are labeled but the grey wire doesnt have a matching wire on the opposite side.....ugh.

View attachment 5409
Hey bud, basically finishing up my wiring and noticed I ended up in the same boat as you did ha. I have that left over gray wire from the clutch sencor after reconnecting everything. I must of cut the other side by mistake. Did you ever find out if it was needed or where it’s suppose to go? Thanks!

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Hey bud, basically finishing up my wiring and noticed I ended up in the same boat as you did ha. I have that left over gray wire from the clutch sencor after reconnecting everything. I must of cut the other side by mistake. Did you ever find out if it was needed or where it’s suppose to go? Thanks!
Yes, definitely needed. I traced it back and had to re solder it. It goes back to the ECM. I dont have that diagram currently available.
Screenshot_20190106-090812_Chrome.jpg

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
If I remember correctly it was the smaller of the two plugs going into the computer. That connector is ultra fragile, just a heads up.

Lando217

If I remember correctly it was the smaller of the two plugs going into the computer. That connector is ultra fragile, just a heads up.
Thanks man! Yea I have to change out a pin from that connector. One was broken when I first purchased the donor and it would t run right. After many hour of testing stuff I finally figure out what wire it was and it just fell out lol I’ll try and find a PIN number for it on the ECM side.

Christopher Sanchez

Thanks man! Yea I have to change out a pin from that connector. One was broken when I first purchased the donor and it would t run right. After many hour of testing stuff I finally figure out what wire it was and it just fell out lol I’ll try and find a PIN number for it on the ECM side.
Pin 14 I believe.. there is a thread on the clutch position sensor under electrical.. I also cut the gray wire..

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Nice to see you got it registered!
During the State Patrol inspection, did the inspector question anything? Anything that might or could get called out here in Washington?
@AleX1/9 @k.rollin @Dre @AnyoneelseinWA

Get ready for it.......

No WSP inspection.

I spoke with the Exocet guys in WA and was advised to do two things.....

1) Find a local DMV, not a state run one.
2) Get it weighed at a weigh station from the WA state website.(I went to a recycling lot)

Brought in the receipts from DF(printed from Quickbooks), MCO and the weight recipt. Handed them over starting with the MCO, then the weigh sheet then the receipts. They took a bit of time to read through stuff on their side and boom. Paid taxes, title, registration and got my plates.

Reactions: Dre

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
@AleX1/9 @k.rollin @Dre @AnyoneelseinWA

Get ready for it.......

No WSP inspection.

I spoke with the Exocet guys in WA and was advised to do two things.....

1) Find a local DMV, not a state run one.
2) Get it weighed at a weigh station from the WA state website.(I went to a recycling lot)

Brought in the receipts from DF(printed from Quickbooks), MCO and the weight recipt. Handed them over starting with the MCO, then the weigh sheet then the receipts. They took a bit of time to read through stuff on their side and boom. Paid taxes, title, registration and got my plates.
So, you're saying through the DMV, they didn't look at the car itself, at all?