IDRVSLO / TRACK / 08 SS TC **REGISTERED** #105

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Those that got coilovers, were those drop shipped like the seats? Missing some stuff from stage 2/3 it's like a box didn't make it in the crate. I'm sure @Lonny and @Adam will sort it out. Just puts a total stop to my get it on the ground plan this weekend.

Also....I must be doing something wrong here....

No way does this fit. I have looked @RichRich and @Lethalcast build threads and theirs dont look like this.

20181130_173936.jpg

Seated in as far up as it will go.

Check out that pressure up against the tank.

20181130_173950.jpg

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Those that got coilovers, were those drop shipped like the seats? Missing some stuff from stage 2/3 it's like a box didn't make it in the crate. I'm sure @Lonny and @Adam will sort it out. Just puts a total stop to my get it on the ground plan this weekend.

No way does this fit. I have looked @RichRich and @Lethalcast build threads and theirs dont look like this.

View attachment 6388

View attachment 6389
The coilovers were meant to be shipped. I'm going to figure out what happened tomorrow morning and get it shipped out before noon. I'm sorry it didn't all make it.

I think I missed it because I rushed to get the kit out the day before Thanksgiving instead of the day after Thanksgiving as I had originally planned.

The 135 degree elbow will need to have the ends trimmed back to your liking. As you trim the the toward the throttle body, it will move up and away from the tank. I'll get a photo and measurements tomorrow and share them here.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
The coilovers were meant to be shipped. I'm going to figure out what happened tomorrow morning and get it shipped out before noon. I'm sorry it didn't all make it.

I think I missed it because I rushed to get the kit out the day before Thanksgiving instead of the day after Thanksgiving as I had originally planned.

The 135 degree elbow will need to have the ends trimmed back to your liking. As you trim the the toward the throttle body, it will move up and away from the tank. I'll get a photo and measurements tomorrow and share them here.
Thanks, you did rush it out, much appreciated!

I sent you an email, please check that before shipping the coilovers. Thanks Adam.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Before I tighten these down I just want to ensure the orientation is correct. The top and bottom joints seem quite a bit off.

I know that they are not snug but the front is touching the chassis and the rear has the same gaps.

20181130_220835.jpg
20181130_220849.jpg

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Just watched the Motorhead Garage episode, looks like everything is good to go and there is a slight offset to the joints. Can anyone confirm?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I hate to be that pain in the ass kind of guy, but I see a lot of powder coating on the ground terminal. I'm sure you have cleaned off the threads good. Might consider using a clean nut with a star washer or some other type of grounding washer. Especially with that being the battery to frame connection.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully it was powder coated with the hardware on the grounding stud.
We stack nuts and washers over the stud so that when it gets powder coated the important surfaces will be clean of powder coat and the external surfaces will match the frame.
1543676902902256837928.jpg
15436769292261255917784.jpg

The ground strap should go between the two flat washers.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
The stud is totally clean at all contact points. I still plan to swap that nut out. Good looking out!

nicholas tiratsuyan

View attachment 6388

View attachment 6389
YOU MAY WANT TO DOUBLE CHECK ENGINE MOUNTING HOLES AND SCREWS. THERE ARE MULTIPLE HOLES AND EASY TO USE WRONG HOLES. WILL TAKE SOME PICTURES AND POST WHEN I GET HOME.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Thanks for the pictures. Confirms my motor mount locations are correct and as Adam mentioned I need to trim the hose for it to fit that bend.

Appreciate you posting those.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Slow weekend for progress, dropped parts off to get powder coated this morning and will have them back this weekend. Should be able to get a good amount done this week before I get that stuff back Friday, on the list:

- Steering column/wheel
- Rear suspension
- Gauge panels buttons
- Brake reservoir components
- Headlights/Tail lights

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Not at home right now but can anyone confirm the size for these bolts/nuts along with the ones for the shock mount. I dont have many SAE wrenches and want to make sure I get the right ones/set.

InkedControl arms_LI.jpg

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
19mm or 3/4 will take care of the connections to the main chassis and the jam nuts for the small rod ends. 1-1/8 for the large jam nuts, and 15/16 for connecting your control arms to your uprights. It's been awhile too, but I seem to remember a couple of videos being uploaded for Stage 2 assembly, so checking YouTube for front brakes and suspension might be worthwhile.