IDRVSLO / TRACK / 08 SS TC **REGISTERED** #105

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Headlights
Thx!

Any of these look like they dont belong around any longer?

I know the long brown wires that are twist should have one set cut out. I assume it is the one going to the blue plug like in the video.....but the other doesnt go to a purple plug. The last picture of the wires without the plug I have know idea where they are from......

Attachments

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Still havent cut the speaker wires, hoping that is one of those pictured above. I also put the brakes on doing any more work for fear of messing up....ha. I did cut one wire that I didnt mean to and have to solder it back.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I don't see the picture of your BCM plug with the brown twisted wires. Those wires should run from the BCM plug to the ECM plug in your second picture. The connector in your first picture gets cut out and the ends get extended and soldered back together.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Screenshot_20180920-073346.jpg

Speaker wire
Screenshot_20180920-073225.jpg

Vehicle communication interface
Screenshot_20180920-073259.jpg

Speaker
Screenshot_20180920-073035.jpg

Electronic brake control
The other end of the twisted wires on the left should go to the ECM plug, they will be extended and attached to the blue and gray BCM plug that is part of your dash harness. I think it wires a little differently if you have the LCD display option.
Screenshot_20180920-073148.jpg

Yaw and accessory power plug. Remove the yaw.
Screenshot_20180920-071936.jpg

Keep the roll of data wire for extending later. Tag all of the rest of the wires to allow you to match them to the mating plug on the dash harness. Some of the wires on the big plug will not get used.
Screenshot_20180920-073636.jpg

Sub woofer

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Still need to finish up the wiring harness....but wanted to bolt some stuff on today! I ordered a new clutch switch, the bolt sheared off when I tried to take the bolt out. So I need two bolts, one for the clutch and the other for the brake.

The radiator is just sitting in there for now, the bolts from the donor I used dont seem to be great for the radiator brace, what did you all use?

You guys get a sneak peak of the color combo for the body panels since I had to wrap the floor before installing it. Love the color contrast and cant wait to see it on the whole car.

IMG_20180922_153300.jpg
IMG_20180922_153354 (1).jpg

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Thanks guys! The plan based on ordering in stages is to be completed by Jan 1....so things will slow down for a bit. It will be nice to get the new engine in a few weeks.

Last edited:

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
The bolts for the radiator brace are not metric they are 1/4-20. You should have a baggie with hardware for the radiator support.